Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

CLC3220/IRC3220 twin lines on reverse of full colour images

We've recently had our CLC3220 serviced, with a new cleaning blade and a new ITB installed.

Having just come to print some booklets, we've discovered that the reverse side of a full page of a colour image has two vertical lines appearing, about 2mm thick, and 74mm apart. The image here shows the lines on the reverse of a PG10 test print.

The lines appear to be a blurred mirror or the image on the front of the sheet. It is occurring on both A4 and A3 sheets.

I cannot see anything in the service manual that deals with this issue, so I'm hoping that someone on this extraordinarily useful forum has an idea for a cure!

FYI, I did spend some time fiddling with registration settings this week and took the original settings information out of the 'secret compartment' in the front door. I left the cover off the inside and after a while this caused an E020-181 fault which was cleared by reinstalling the compartment cover. As far as I can recall, the fault did not exist before my meddling this week...
    fault lines.jpg

Re: CLC3220/IRC3220 twin lines on reverse of full colour images

Problem solved😀.
    My adjustments to the registration meant one edge had the image bleeding off the leading edge. The machine could not clean off the toner from the belt (I suspect) so it was printing a thin strip onto the rear of the sheet. My stupidity in fiddling with the registration and X and Y values!