Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

how to enable the USB Printing

hi if any one can help me to enable the usb print and how's the instructions for the iradvance
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

specific operating system or machine ?

With specification of computer operating system and/or the specific machine at issue, perhaps we could reply with greater relevance to your issue.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: how to enable the USB Printing

Service level 2 ,DSPLY-SW ,UI-MEM set to 1.Think it will only work if you have ps print kit installed

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mramlawi View Post
    hi if any one can help me to enable the usb print and how's the instructions for the iradvance

To use memory media, the required options must be purchased and installed, and the settings must be checked using the Settings/Registration button. Use USB Device must to be set to On in order to use the USB port.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mramlawi's Avatar

sure i know its an option and i saw it from counter device configuration ,but i wonder why when i put the usb on the machine couldn't find my files .
    Distinguished road makes you jewel in rough

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

JPEG, TIFF, and PDF file formats === These three file formats are referred to as the Printable file formats.

In addition to setting the "Use USB Device" setting to "On", you also have to turn on the memory media option.
    Press the Settings / Registration button. Next, go to Preferences > Display Settings > Store Location Display Settings. Set the option for Memory Media to "On". Turn the main power switch off and back on. The memory media button will now be displayed.

In order to print from or scan to a USB drive the follow settings need to be enabled and the IR needs to be rebooted for settings to take effect.

1. Select Settings Registration and log in with the System Manager ID and password. (default is 7654321)

2. Select Settings/Registration > Preferences > External Interface > USB Settings and set Use USB Device to ON, the MEAP driver settings should be OFF

3. Select Settings/Registration > Function Settings > Store/Access Files > Memory Media Settings and turn on Use Scan function and Use Print Function.

4. After making changes reboot the IR. Memory Media should now be available to select.

================================================== ============
    To view or print items on a USB stick, there are some settings in Settings/Registration that need to be set.

First :
    SETTINGS/REGISTRATION > PREFERENCES > DISPLAY SETTINGS > STORE LOCATION DISPLAY SETTINGS > SET MEMORY MEDIA set to ON.

Second :
    SETTINGS/REGISTRATION > PREFERENCES > EXTERNAL INTERFACE > USB SETTINGS > USE USB DEVICE and turn it ON, also ensure that both MEAP settings are set to OFF.

Third :
    SETTINGS/REGISTRATION > FUNCTION SETTINGS (PG 2) >STORE/ACCESS FILES > ADVANCE BOX SETTINGS > PROHIBIT WRITING FROM EXTERNAL and set it to OFF ( it is ON by default )

Print from a Memory Media (USB) on the imageRUNNER ADVANCE

1) Insert your USB stick into the copier display.

2) Select Access Stored File.

3) Select Memory Media.

4) Highlight your USB Stick or Thumb Drive.

5) Select your folder on the USB Stick or Thumb drive.

6) Select your file if you don't have a folder.

7) Select PRINT.

8) Select Start Printing.

9) Select Paper Size.

10) Select OK.

11) Press the green arrow on the bottom of the page to remove the USB Stick or Thumb drive from the copier.

12) Select REMOVE.

13) You can safely remove your USB stick from the copier.

14) Select OK twice.

15) Select Main Menu button on the copier.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**