Thread: SERVICE BOOK

Cool SERVICE BOOK

Hello techs.....
    Do you have some suggestion for service book (how should it look)?I need to create service book for iR ADV 82xx and 62xx series .
    Regards

Adeptus Mechanicus Magos 50+ Posts MjarbarV2.0's Avatar

Re: SERVICE BOOK

Well it needs to cover the basic things like who was the last to work on the machine, what the problem is/was and what was done to resolve it. The meter readings at the time and any parts fitted.

After that it is a matter of how much detail you want to put in, like part numbers, call off codes, a check list for some sort of minimum call procedure that sort of thing. If you are creating one for specific models you could add a list of durable and consumable replaced parts as per Canon's tech manuals so the engineer looking at the machine can tell if anything is due for replacement and order it up for next visit.

However it is worth remembering that the user will also be able to see this book as well, so if they start delving into it and asking questions you may find yourself trying to explaine things in a language and way they will understand!
    The impossible is easy - miracles take a little longer

Let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    SERVICE BOOK

Do you mean maintenance log? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Upside of History Log:
    Maintenance history book/log is a good idea. I worked for one company that used History Log books mandatory. History Log improves machine efficiency an maintenance costs because the previous technician has listed every fault,fix and field service done on the machine. There is no reason for duplicate consumables placed into a machine if the Machine history is maintained correctly. Your customers can also see clearly where and when the machine is maintained. I've used the Maintenance history of the machine a few times to diagnose a fault of a machine, only because the previous technician listed every thing he tried to fix it. Using the previous history can allow you to try something different to the previous tech. I've p!ssed off one or two Tech' over the years because I was able to find a fault for the boss when they couldn't. I guess they never really understood it was a simple process of elimination.

Downside of History Log:
    Every Tech and Salesman better have a clear understand of how to translate the Maintenance Log abbreviation codes to your customer. You don't want one Tech or Salesman saying one thing, and the next person saying something different --it looks really slight an underhanded in the eyes of your client(s). Don't use complicated numbers and secrete codes. This can be also interpreted as trying to hide something from the customer. Simple coded first letter acronyms you'd use every day as a Tech is suffice, your customer will come to know those same Log Book abbreviate acronyms and be in the know.

Opposition company sales representatives can use your own machine Maintenance Log book in any mannor, in an attempt to boost/bend the potential sale toward their product in the eyes of the customer. So keep your Log book information truthful,clear,clean and concise where ever possible, that way it can't come back an bite you in the @sset later down the track.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 03-02-2016 at 04:43 AM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Log book is very good thing.With this book sometimes You can solve problem quickly.Maybe You can share your copy of log books or send it to me.

aleksandar.stanarevic@gmail.com
    Last edited by aco.bk; 03-02-2016 at 04:29 PM. Reason: email input

Canon345

I sent you a nice Log Sheet.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Canon345 View Post
    I sent you a nice Log Sheet.
    Could you please me too. Thanks
    ptsas2014@gmail.com

Canon345

OK but you should PM emails. When you list emails like this web crawlers and spammers find them and your junk mail goes up.