Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Unhappy IR2200 printing problem

After selling this customer a new copier he asked me to move this one to his home. I connected it to his home computer with a parallel connection (this is the only option on the copier).

When I send a print, the screen indicates it is receiving a print job. Then the processing light blinks for a few seconds and then nothing. No print job. Print job does not show up in the log either. This is a pretty straight forward connection and I have tried the PCL6 and pcl5e and the postscript drivers. All have the same result.

Thanks in advance

d

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Parallel port is for firmware upgrade.

Technician
    The log shows print jobs as recently as april. Also there are docs stored in the document boxes. When I tried to send a document to a document box I had the same symptom.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    You Can ONLY PRINT VIA NETWORK, parallel is ONLY FOR UPGRADING FIRMWARE

Senior Tech 250+ Posts alex@wocltd.com's Avatar
    on Ir3300(as can ir3330i/ir5000 etc) parallel can be used for print though not preferred as paraellel went out with the ark-cant even buy a laptop with one now

when we did course with canon u.k(many moons ago)
    after upgrading to 'n' version first thing you did was send test page via printer driver to see if it had worked!

assume you have tried anothe p.c?
    and stick with pcl5e

dshrishail
    I hv same machine & i got same error on IR 2200 printing problem

first check your paraller cable

&

After printer installation
    click on start -> setting->printer-> ir2200 pcl5
    right click on it & select properties
    then set paper size of input & output
    try it.

Technician
    does the machine have a network boot rom. you can check the versions in service mode. if the machine has a nic then it should have a net work boot rom. if it has no nic but is supposed to have a network boot rom it is probably a boot leg boot rom and will never work right.if the machine has a nic try to incourage your coustomer to up grade his computer system to the 21st century and print via cross over cable.an abbacus wont cut it. if you dont have a network boot rom the machine wont print. if your parrelel cable is more than six foot long you will probably get data degradation before info ever gets to the machine.

Technician
    get your N boot rom & system software at www.bootrom.biz

also, you never have to purchase any canon multi pdl network printer kit with its devices. just patch and burn. available for many network boot rom patches for canon photocopiers. huge range of canon photocopiers system software.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopytech View Post
    Parallel port is for firmware upgrade.
    parallel port also can be use to print. just need N or H boot rom & network system software to enable it.

greetings

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Well worth getting a network kit (consists of NIC and N Boot ROM). As well as networking printing the kit also enables the use of RUI and pull scanning using Canon Network ScanGear Tool.

You can print with parallel if you have N Boot Rom and N system software, but you can't use RUI or ScanGear Tool.

Pressing the counter check button you should see IR2200(IR2200N) if there is a N Boot Rom installed. Or in Service Mode: Copier > Display > Version > BOOT-ROM you should see a N at the end of the number.