Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: GPR30/31 Toner

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    GPR30/31 Toner

GPR30/31 Toner

Anybody seeing any bad OEM toner out there? I've had to change a few dv units and vacuum hoppers and install fresh toner. Just got another today on a 5045. In every case, the only toner the machine has ever seen was OEM

Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

Re: GPR30/31 Toner

Usually the hopper mechanism will mess up and not hold the bottle right.....usually don't have to clean these.

imagePRESS however, I have had some chunky toner show up be the cause of many headaches.

GPR30/31 Toner

I'm vacuuming the hopper to make sure I get all the old toner out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    Anybody seeing any bad OEM toner out there? I've had to change a few dv units and vacuum hoppers and install fresh toner. Just got another today on a 5045. In every case, the only toner the machine has ever seen was OEM
    C7260 would jam at fuser. Customer ordered toner from someone else online. THE BOX WAS A CANON BOX the toner came in. Changed fixing film and noticed it did not do this on color, only black. Finally figured out it was the toner and had help to take black toner hopper out and vacuum. Put in black developer. Looking at box comparing them (brought our toner) they did an almost good job duplicating the box. The shiny gold canon toner sticker was different, it is hard to duplicate as the words change in light (3d?). Close to perfect imitation of box. My boss matched their price and they were billable anyway for the parts and I suspect he gave them a break on service time as I spent hours trying to use up toner in hopper and developer, would run a bunch of copies and then jam (that sucker held a lot of toner, ran a few thousand pages with just enough black so it would not jam as much). Just would not fuse to paper well and their flier had heavy black parts. Not only is there more bad toner out there they are making the box the toner comes in look exactly like the OEM toner. When I worked on Minolta machines they started changing shape of toner bottles. People would buy Quill toner 29 years ago and it would pile up and dump on the pages. I finally quit a place that used generic toner and boss bragged he saved $25,000 a month. After I quit 2 other people quit (I was service manager). Lots of calls on Ricoh for error codes related to toner. Boss would tell me to call people making toner and tell them to fix it. Mean while customers were pissed, boss was happy as he made more money. Love it when they are billable and do it. I don't think they can duplicate the small shiny sticker well but they were so close on this box it was amazing.

GPR30/31 Toner

The box and cartridge are OEM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    C7260 would jam at fuser. Customer ordered toner from someone else online. THE BOX WAS A CANON BOX the toner came in. Changed fixing film and noticed it did not do this on color, only black. Finally figured out it was the toner and had help to take black toner hopper out and vacuum. Put in black developer. Looking at box comparing them (brought our toner) they did an almost good job duplicating the box. The shiny gold canon toner sticker was different, it is hard to duplicate as the words change in light (3d?). Close to perfect imitation of box. My boss matched their price and they were billable anyway for the parts and I suspect he gave them a break on service time as I spent hours trying to use up toner in hopper and developer, would run a bunch of copies and then jam (that sucker held a lot of toner, ran a few thousand pages with just enough black so it would not jam as much). Just would not fuse to paper well and their flier had heavy black parts. Not only is there more bad toner out there they are making the box the toner comes in look exactly like the OEM toner. When I worked on Minolta machines they started changing shape of toner bottles. People would buy Quill toner 29 years ago and it would pile up and dump on the pages. I finally quit a place that used generic toner and boss bragged he saved $25,000 a month. After I quit 2 other people quit (I was service manager). Lots of calls on Ricoh for error codes related to toner. Boss would tell me to call people making toner and tell them to fix it. Mean while customers were pissed, boss was happy as he made more money. Love it when they are billable and do it. I don't think they can duplicate the small shiny sticker well but they were so close on this box it was amazing.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    GPR30/31 Toner

Just because the box looks & smells like a genuine Canon OEM Product Box, that does not mean the product inside the bottle is genuine OEM Canon Toner.

Counterfeit Canon Holograms are rampant in our industry.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

I've seen clc starter sold to a customer as toner, you can't imagine the damage that did.

GPR30/31 Toner

It's an OEM box and OEM cartridge. It has the unmistakeable Canon trademark name. Box was sealed. I couldn't see somebody refilling and repackaging it.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    GPR30/31 Toner

Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    It's an OEM box and OEM cartridge. It has the unmistakeable Canon trademark name. Box was sealed. I couldn't see somebody refilling and repackaging it.

---------------------------------------
    Toner Supply companies who Counterfeit those products are now obtaining original boxes , bottles and official looking holograms / it's always buyer beware

Canon has also created and distributed a handy viewerfor Holograms to make it easier for authorities to detect counterfeit products.

CANON VIEWER.jpg
    VIEWERHow to identify counterfeit Canon products

• A unique Canon hologram is included on the packaging of all genuine Canon ink cartridges*, laser toners, copier toners, camera and camcorder batteries. The hologram has a unique colour-changing feature which appears as an iridescent gold when viewed from the front, but changes to a dark iridescent green when tilted horizontally. If the hologram is counterfeit, this colour change does not occur or the change is slight.

(* the European plastic type inkjet packaging or blister multipacks may not include the unique hologram.)

• Fake holograms are often displayed on fake packaging in an untidy way and appear damaged, blurred, in the wrong colour or size.
    • Canon logos on counterfeit Canon packaging and products may be blurred and in the wrong colour, font or size.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**