Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Canon IRA C2225 AND Canon ImageClass 8580cdw Will Not Receive Faxes

Hi Guys,
    The Canon IRAC2225 and the Imageclass 8580cdw are at different locations and customers....
    The problem with both is a fax will come in and the "processing/memory"light will light up, but after a few minutes will go out and no fax was received...as if nothing happened...I even tried turning the ECM off,any ideas?
    Thanking you in advance,
    Doug

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Canon IRA C2225 AND Canon ImageClass 8580cdw Will Not Receive Faxes

Re: Canon IRA C2225 AND Canon ImageClass 8580cdw Will Not Receive Faxes

For the IRAC2225 I know nothing about the other machine.

Check the fax is set correctly

service mode > fax > type > set it to your country
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

I've had ONE Canon fax pcb isssue in almost 20 years. Have you tried calling the fax number from a phone and vice versa? See if the fax rings and picks up. That's always my first step, do both and see if the dialing numbers show up. Are they on dedicated lines? I've seen older KM machines with faxes work on a shared line, but not the Canon.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    Hi Guys,
    The Canon IRAC2225 and the Imageclass 8580cdw are at different locations and customers....
    The problem with both is a fax will come in and the "processing/memory"light will light up, but after a few minutes will go out and no fax was received...as if nothing happened...I even tried turning the ECM off,any ideas?
    Thanking you in advance,
    Doug
    Turning off ECM has fixed a couple for me. That is a good idea if you get a problem. There is an ECM Receive and ECM transmit on some of them. I turn off the ones they have problems with. VOIP (voice over IP) causes most of my fax problems. That is trial and error to fix. Turning down speed, turning on or off a few things. A couple of years ago the phone company must have had a special as one town 30 min away was generating a call every two weeks for months and months. All had just had the VOIP installed. Almost every customer can not tell you if they have that on their phone line. The canon support forum is full of people wanting to know the fix, I don't think anyone has a fix for all the machines yet (VOIP). Then you take a small cheap copier/fax out and it will work fine!

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    service mode > fax > type > set it to your country
    I needed to do this on a Irc adv. 2020I, but befor changeing that setting it didn't do *anything* with the incoming fax, didn't notice the line ringing...
    Sending faxes did work though.

In this case, the copier does try to answer the line and recieve the fax. Looks more like there's something wrong with recieving the data...