Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

E020-481 E20-0481 imagePress

Having an issue with a Image Press C6000VP code E020-0481 E020-0X81 only on the black I am getting this error.

This is what I have tried so far.

New drum, new developer station, new patch sensor, different Laser, swapped out an entire process station.
    cleaned out the Hopper feed tube to sub hopper and cleaned out the sub-hopper and toner sensor so I could watch the auger gears drive more toner down to the sub hopper to the developer station. that all seems to work now but it is still coding after i run a full gradation adjustment.

the DENS-K value appears to stay withing the 5% range currently around -1.
    I have noticed that two values appear to be way out of range and I am not sure how to repair this issue.

2 things I have found that are way out of range

DENS-S-K value is 7086 Appropriate guideline 300 to 500

Level 2 Title Patch density level (Black) created during ATR control (equivalent to NN environment value)
    Purpose of use To check the density level (Black) at which patches are detected in the sample images which are created during ATR control.
    When used This item is used when analyzing the causes of trouble.
    It must be used in accordance with the instructions given by the Quality Support department.
    Precautions for use - Displays, settings and adjustment ranges - Unit -
    Appropriate guideline 300 to 500

Still has a value of 10 on Light quantity value (P wave) detected for Black ground (drum) during ATR control

DENS P-B-P-K 10 Range is 300 - 650

I also swapped out the DC controller PCB 1-2 to see if that had any effect which it did not. Kind of at a loss of what to try next except maybe dynamite 1 stick or 2 is the question. anybody who has any ideas it would be appreciated. thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

Re: E020-481 E20-0481 imagePress

You say you replaced the developer...but check to see if the patch sensor on the shutter is stuck when you insert the dev.

I work on a machine that has this issue with the magenta one, even after changing the dev and the dev bay.

Sometimes it will take a shot or two to get it sitting right.