Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Error 009 iradv 7260

Customer getting this error code while running envelopes only. Sub code 0501, I replaced both pressure roller and film as both were just beyond life, and code re-appeared on envelopes, ran fine during my test on regular paper. The pressure gears are great, no missing or worn teeth, but the cams seem worn. I washed them as they had debris on them and the code hadn't returned after a small envelope run. Large volume production customer, worried it may return, I saw no bulletins regarding the second gen models, only the first, on this error code, and the cams aren't available at all, according to the latest parts manual. Wondering if anyone else has encountered this situation with this code while the fuser runs at half pressure? Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: Error 009 iradv 7260

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Customer getting this error code while running envelopes only. Sub code 0501, I replaced both pressure roller and film as both were just beyond life, and code re-appeared on envelopes, ran fine during my test on regular paper. The pressure gears are great, no missing or worn teeth, but the cams seem worn. I washed them as they had debris on them and the code hadn't returned after a small envelope run. Large volume production customer, worried it may return, I saw no bulletins regarding the second gen models, only the first, on this error code, and the cams aren't available at all, according to the latest parts manual. Wondering if anyone else has encountered this situation with this code while the fuser runs at half pressure? Thanks
    I will be interested in what you find. I have heard of that code a lot on other machines but only had it on a C52XX (different subcode). The only problem I have had is for jamming at the fuser. There is a one way gear and shaft that slips. The shaft looks good but that is the problem (we only had gear and had to wait on shaft). I think it just drives but don't know if it has anything to do with the cams.

Not sure when I will be looking at this. The assembly with the cams isn't available, and the customer doesn't run too many of these. We may be receiving a machine back, hope so, then I'll swap them out after testing, then test the one at the shop. This may happen, so I may not have much to report for a while.

Do you hear thumping with the 5000 series? There's a bulletin for thumping and e009 codes for that model.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Do you hear thumping with the 5000 series? There's a bulletin for thumping and e009 codes for that model.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I replaced the updated parts and have not been back. First thumping I have seen but read about it long before. I had to clean the cam twice to get machine running until I could order the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    Do you hear thumping with the 5000 series? There's a bulletin for thumping and e009 codes for that model.
    Yes, I replaced the updated parts and have not been back. First thumping I have seen but read about it long before. I had to clean the cam twice to get machine running until I could order the parts.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I did with this one on the 7260. Completed the remaining run, may not be a issue going forward for me, see what develops.