Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Limited Function Mode

Working on refurbishing a Canon IRADV C5051 that most likely has a scanner problem in the Document Feeder (Color Image Reader B2). It is in Limited Function mode.

When I go to turn off Limited Function in Management Settings>Device Settings the Limited Function selection does not appear. I looked on another

machine so I an going to the right place. Is there something in Service Mode that would disable that from appearing? I went all through the manual

for Service Mode and found nothing. There is one error code in the history E280. A communication error.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Limited Function Mode

Re: Limited Function Mode

Quote Originally Posted by RHodg57 View Post
    Working on refurbishing a Canon IRADV C5051 that most likely has a scanner problem in the Document Feeder (Color Image Reader B2). It is in Limited Function mode.

When I go to turn off Limited Function in Management Settings>Device Settings the Limited Function selection does not appear. I looked on another

machine so I an going to the right place. Is there something in Service Mode that would disable that from appearing? I went all through the manual

for Service Mode and found nothing. There is one error code in the history E280. A communication error.
    ================================================== ========================
    execute the following keystrokes
    Settings / Registration > Management Settings > Device Management > Limited Functions Mode

CHECK ITEMS BELOW -------V

Display shows that the Feeder is in Limited Functions Mode.

The scanner unit in the document feeder could be faulty.
    Try reconnecting the flexible flat cable attached to the ADF scanner unit. If that does not work, replace the flat cable to the scanner unit or the scanner unit itself.
    ================================================== ================================================== ========

"The Feeder is not available and Limited Function ".

Before clearing and or replacing the PCB Controllers check the Cable Interface (HDMI). It has been found that this cable can become loose either from the Main Controller PCB2 or the Reader Controller PCB.

Make sure to turn off the Main Unit and reseat the connectors at both ends on the Cable Interface (HDMI).
    Image:

================================================== =========================
    The machine displays a message saying "Limited functions feeder cannot be used." Under device configuration after pressing the counter button, it shows the reader unit as being a Reader Unit B2 instead of a Duplex Color Image Reader Unit B1.
    ================================================== ================================================
    Limited functions Feeder Cannot Be Used

Faulty DADF driver pcb. Check fuse FU411 on the DADF driver pcb. The fuse is shown below.
    There should be 5v on each side of the fuse if it is good. The part number for the DADF driver pcb is FM3-7561-000.

================================================== ======================
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**