Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon 1030if - poor print quality.

Prints and copies are both not very good. The yellow and magenta, do not show up at all and the cyan and black are very faint.
    I have replaced the drum/dev/toner unit for all four sets. Issue still very prevalent. I ran an auto gradation test a couple of times. NG. Cleaned the lasers in the frame. Nothing is making the issue better. is there anything else I could do to correct the issue?

Re: Canon 1030if - poor print quality.

Quote Originally Posted by sSteve-Oo View Post
    Prints and copies are both not very good. The yellow and magenta, do not show up at all and the cyan and black are very faint.
    I have replaced the drum/dev/toner unit for all four sets. Issue still very prevalent. I ran an auto gradation test a couple of times. NG. Cleaned the lasers in the frame. Nothing is making the issue better. is there anything else I could do to correct the issue?
    If you have cleaned the laser unit deeply and the problem is the same, may be the problem is the ETB?

I changed the ETB as well. Problem is still there.

I changed the ETB as well. Problem is still there.
    have you cleaned the laser unit like this?

HVT?

I don't know, because we have two more of the same models at the shop here with the same type of issue.

i will try cleaning the lasers like that and let you know how it goes.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

If you removed the main drive unit to fix a broken lever then you have to have that sucker lined up perfectly. If you have a 1030 book look at page 8-27 and 8-28. There are several HP color printers the same. We have had to make that adjustment several times before it works. There are levers on both sides (mostly right side) that break and you have to remove main drive to replace. They let us bring them into the shop because of this problem. I think it makes a timing issue so you may not get all the colors or error codes. Senior techs have done multiple machines and we all have problems. I don't think you can be a tooth off. If you are missing colors that may be your problem. If the colors are not even across the page then it may be laser issue. I watched the video. God Bless the person who posted that because if you can do that and the machine makes a print after that you may pat yourself on the back! One of my least favorite machines. Most of mine did not run well at all and thankfully some are replaced. My blood pressure goes up the minute I see one on a service call.

Fishbrain

Did this ever get solved?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk