Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

CANON IRC advance C7065

HELLO ALL :
    I have canon IRC ADVANCE 7065 : have E000008-0002 :CAN NOT RESET : DIAGNOSTIC : FUNCTION ERROR CLEAR & FX-L-CLR ... Reboot ( DID MANY TIMES ) when turn machine on : EVEN PULL OUT FIXING DRAWER & DID NOT CLOSE FRONT DOOR : Still show up : WRENCH , CHECK THE PRINTER. CALL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE : CAN NOT CLEAR THIS MESSAGE ( ALSO I DID CHANED FIXING UNIT FROM ANOTHER WORKING MACHINE ) ALSO UPGRADED FIRMWARE DID NOT HELP. PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU ALL.

Smile Re: CANON IRC advance C7065

Hi-
    Once you get the E008 error, you can temporarily reset and use the machine, but the lower fixing belt unit will need to be repaired/replaced asap, because the error will come back. There is wear on the unit, even if you can't see it. To reset: run COPIER > FUNCTION > CLEAR > FX-L-CLR,
    COPIER > COUNTER > DRBL-1 >FX-BLT-L, COPIER > FUNCTION > FIXING > FX-LHP
    If you use a fixing unit from another working machine, you should also do the resets on the upper belt unit.
    Good Luck!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: CANON IRC advance C7065

Thank you Chinotech. I do follow your intructions BUT CAN NOT CLEAR THE MESSAGES ... Do you have any more ideas ... Thank you.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    CANON IRC advance C7065

Quote Originally Posted by browny View Post
    Thank you Chinotech. I do follow your intructions BUT CAN NOT CLEAR THE MESSAGES ... Do you have any more ideas ... Thank you.
    ===========:-[
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

If you are using the original lower belt unit and the error keeps coming back, you will need to replace it, unless you can identify the cause of failure (bad bearing, gear, etc...)
    If you are using a known working fuser unit, it should work after doing the resets and home positions. Make sure the belts are centered prior to powering on the machine.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chinotech View Post
    If you are using the original lower belt unit and the error keeps coming back, you will need to replace it, unless you can identify the cause of failure (bad bearing, gear, etc...)
    If you are using a known working fuser unit, it should work after doing the resets and home positions. Make sure the belts are centered prior to powering on the machine.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    I agree. Best thing to do is replace both belts and clear the belt counter on the upper and lower. I have my boss and another guy go out and clear the counters without replacing belt units but the code comes back. Belt units are better but only last 1-2 years before they rust up. Upper belt now comes with plastic yellow bushing for right side of fuser lamp because of the new bracket on it. I grease the heck out of the gears but they still rust up. I used to have a lot of these machines but most were replaced with the new series. They are very expensive but when you replace them and update software most problems are gone for a year or so.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thank you all. The problem is can not clear errors ( does not mean : clear then : errors back ) THE PROBLEM IS BAD KEYBOARD : DID NOT RESPOND WHEN YOU TRY TO CLEAR : THE KEY TO CLEAR DID NOT ACTING BECAUSE CUSTOMER USER DROP COFFEE ON IT ... IT FIXED BY REPLACED THE SCREEN & KEY. ...

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    CANON IRC advance C7065

Thank you all. The problem is can not clear errors ( does not mean : clear then : errors back ) THE PROBLEM IS BAD KEYBOARD : DID NOT RESPOND WHEN YOU TRY TO CLEAR : THE KEY TO CLEAR DID NOT ACTING BECAUSE CUSTOMER USER DROP COFFEE ON IT ... IT FIXED BY REPLACED THE SCREEN & KEY. ...

Been there with coffee damage !!! Customer pays thru nose.😁
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**