Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Canon MS350ii

Canon MS350ii

I have a Canon MS350ii connected to a FilePrint 270. The 350 is displaying an L9 error code indicating the printer is not on or in test mode. The printer is on, not in test mode. I have reseated the cables and restarted both machines. Help.... Please

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon MS350ii

Re: Canon MS350ii

Quote Originally Posted by cparrnelli View Post
    I have a Canon MS350ii connected to a FilePrint 270. The 350 is displaying an L9 error code indicating the printer is not on or in test mode. The printer is on, not in test mode. I have reseated the cables and restarted both machines. Help.... Please

Are u able to disconnect the 270 and connect the 350 to a PC for testing that way_?
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Are u able to disconnect the 270 and connect the 350 to a PC for testing that way_?
    The scanner works fine through the PC. I believe I need to reconfigure the DMP board. My research tells me that to accomplish this I may need the Canon service tool. Are you familiar with it?

Thanks for the reply

Canon MS350ii

The scanner works fine through the PC. I believe I need to reconfigure the DMP board. My research tells me that to accomplish this I may need the Canon service tool. Are you familiar with it?

Thanks for the reply
    =========================
    My tech pal said-----------------
    An L9 error code could be cause by the printer not being set correctly in service mode.
    If the wrong printer is set in service mode you will have to connect the MS350II to a PC to change the printer. ?? !!

And try re_seating the Printer Cable to the DC Controller.
    ================================================== ==============================

aware of it / never used

Original Service Tool I believe was included on your Products Set UP CD -ROM, some original shipments had Service Tool Ver 1.2 which was not compatible for MS-300II/350II.

Your product probably has Original v1.4 / v1.5 issue supported USB/ and v1.7 has 64bit OS Support.
    Last edited by teckat; 04-29-2016 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks for your help. I'm trying to locate the service tool via the Canon Tech Support website. Not having any luck getting my request to go through to them. Anyway, I appreciate your input

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    =========================
    My tech pal said-----------------
    An L9 error code could be cause by the printer not being set correctly in service mode.
    If the wrong printer is set in service mode you will have to connect the MS350II to a PC to change the printer. ?? !!

And try re_seating the Printer Cable to the DC Controller.
    ================================================== ==============================

aware of it / never used

Original Service Tool I believe was included on your Products Set UP CD -ROM, some original shipments had Service Tool Ver 1.2 which was not compatible for MS-300II/350II.

Your product probably has Original v1.4 / v1.5 issue supported USB/ and v1.7 has 64bit OS Support.

Canon MS350ii

Thanks for your help. I'm trying to locate the service tool via the Canon Tech Support website. Not having any luck getting my request to go through to them. Anyway, I appreciate your input
    see links---
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gax9xtip7a...20361.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s32me7aqo85t6fa/300II350II_ST_V17.exe?dl=0

Thank you again for your help. I'll be tackling this on Wednesday and report back.

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to help out. The scanner was looking for the fileprint 470. I switched it to 270 with the service tool and all is well. Actually the numers were 450 and 250 but I figured it was close enough.

Once again, Thanks