Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Canon Install-Deinstall Documentation on ImagePress C6000/C7000 Series

Hi. I'd imagine Canon has documentation on the official installation and deinstallation procedures for the Color Imagepress C6000/C6010 C7000/C7010.

Would anyone have those instructions or know if they're on the public Canon site (probably not).

If those documents don't exist, does anyone care to put a walkthrough of the process?

Thanks.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon Install-Deinstall Documentation on ImagePress C6000/C7000 Series

Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    Hi. I'd imagine Canon has documentation on the official installation and deinstallation procedures for the Color Imagepress C6000/C6010 C7000/C7010.

Would anyone have those instructions or know if they're on the public Canon site (probably not).

If those documents don't exist, does anyone care to put a walkthrough of the process?

Thanks.

see link> should help with Main Body===about 25 steps
    options are another story
    ================================================== ===================
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/577s0qg5nthuklo/Relocating%20the%20Machine.pdf?dl=0

How many options are attached ???

Configuration #1 (Paper Deck - A1 and Finisher - AB1)
    Configuration #2 (POD Deck - A1, High Capacity Stacker - C1, and Finisher - AB1)
    Configuration #3 (2 POD Decks - A1, 2 High Capacity Stackers - C1, Saddle Finisher - AB2, Booklet Trimmer - C1)

make sure new location has proper Power Requirements

POD Deck - A1 will require only one 208V/15A outlet, regardless of the number of POD Decks connected. The High Capacity Stacker - C1 will require an 115V/15A outlet, regardless if one or two stackers are connected at once. The Saddle Finisher - AB2, Finisher - AB1, and Booklet Trimmer - C1 will require only one 208V/15A outlet, regardless if the trimmer is connected or not. The Puncher Unit - V1, Document Insertion Unit - C1, DADF - R1, Color Image Reader - H1, and Paper Deck - A1 will not require any additional outlets.

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Thanks for the helpful information and the electrical requirements.

Looks like it's configuration #1 minus the small side paper deck.

Do you know off hand if all variants like the VP versions would be the same? If memory serves me right wasn't the real big difference that the VP could do heavy stocks duplexed automatically with tighter registration?

Thanks.

Thanks for the helpful information and the electrical requirements.

Looks like it's configuration #1 minus the small side paper deck.

Do you know off hand if all variants like the VP versions would be the same? If memory serves me right wasn't the real big difference that the VP could do heavy stocks duplexed automatically with tighter registration?

Thanks.

Yeah, think so, good read link

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/...b-80d66ec7ed8a

Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    The 7010VP model does not slow down for heavy weight stock. The registration is better because of a motor to adjust the skew. Also no cleaning web on the ITB

Quote Originally Posted by onlyinnewfoundland View Post
    The 7010VP model does not slow down for heavy weight stock. The registration is better because of a motor to adjust the skew. Also no cleaning web on the ITB

Poster didn't mention speed on Heavy, asked about Heavy auto duplex.
    :-))

Technician

Thanks.
    I'm not sure if this forum allows for us to link to an actual canon service manual as it's something canon guards pretty close and tries to keep them in tech only hands.

If you do a quick google for "Canon ImagePress 7010 Service Manual" you should be able to find a copy of the service manual in PDF format. The manual is pretty readily available online now...

Inside the manual there is instructions for installation and instructions for relocating.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by drackox View Post
    I'm not sure if this forum allows for us to link to an actual canon service manual as it's something canon guards pretty close and tries to keep them in tech only hands.

If you do a quick google for "Canon ImagePress 7010 Service Manual" you should be able to find a copy of the service manual in PDF format. The manual is pretty readily available online now...

Inside the manual there is instructions for installation and instructions for relocating.

Good luck

Manual has only 3 pages on de-install/relocation, and nothing on removing any options.
    Already gave poster those pages.

This printer needs professional movers , not fly by night movers, have seen major damage on cheap generic movers.

When u install or de -install it's options they need to be done in an exact order, or u will have a mess on your hands.

Thanks for the file. I'm reading it now. Fortunately a Canon dealer at the pickup location already deinstalled the machine (I can only hope properly). So my task will be just getting the thing here, hooking is up properly and getting enough power run (turns out the hookup site doesn't have the 208v hooked up). Always an electrical concern isn't there :-p

Is there any other documentation, manual, parts books, etc. that I should have for the C6000 other than what you included. I noticed there's lots of parts numbers in it.

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

I didn't see the manual online that you're referencing. Maybe I'll have to do a manual request later on. I'll be spending a good deal of time just getting myself familarized with the machine before it gets put in action. If there's any canon techs in my area trained on this series I may even have them come out and do a good once over evaluation and some minor training...I think it would be worth the minor expense. Plus it's been a while since I got my hands dirty playing in the toner.

Quote Originally Posted by drackox View Post

Good luck