Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Canon ImagePress c7010vp E747-8000

Hi,

Trying to fix a Canon ImagePress c7010vp with a A2200 ImagePress server. I was getting another error consistently and replaced the RO-B board with a new one. The previous error (before replacing the RO-B) was E677-0080. Which would switch in and out with E747-8000. I reseated the memory and the cards in the server, still got the error. I re-installed the server to default using the CD's, still got the error. Because it flip flopped between errors, I replaced the RO-B board.

NOW: When trying to send anything from the server to the printer to print, IE print config, the printer will warm up and say waiting to print. Then spit out an error after a few minutes: E0000747-8000 (E747-8000)

The system can make copies just fine. When doing test prints from the Service Mode, it works fine too. When printing logs from the printers control panel, it works fine. Only when sending prints from the server does it give this error.

In the printer, I have taken out all the cards and Dimms, cleaned the contacts with alcohol, then reseated them. I still get the error.

The service manual says:
    17.1.12 Detail in E747 (Main controller image processing ASIC error)
    8000-9C00
    Communication error with RO-B PCB
    1. Disconnect then reconnect RO-B PCB.
    2. Replace RO-B PCB.
    3. Replace main controller PCB (MAIN-M).

I'm not sure if I should replace the Main Controll PCB -M or not. Does anyone else have any suggestions on something that should be done, or would replacing the main controller PCB fix the issue?

Has anyone run into this issue?

Thanks,
    Mike

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Joseph2011's Avatar

Re: Canon ImagePress c7010vp E747-8000

good morning

not if you've done this test but worked for me once is that the PCB server (video) slot and change it if it continues to suspect that the card is bad and I had to change the PCB video on an IP 1135

regards

Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drackox View Post
    Hi,

Trying to fix a Canon ImagePress c7010vp with a A2200 ImagePress server. I was getting another error consistently and replaced the RO-B board with a new one. The previous error (before replacing the RO-B) was E677-0080. Which would switch in and out with E747-8000. I reseated the memory and the cards in the server, still got the error. I re-installed the server to default using the CD's, still got the error. Because it flip flopped between errors, I replaced the RO-B board.

NOW: When trying to send anything from the server to the printer to print, IE print config, the printer will warm up and say waiting to print. Then spit out an error after a few minutes: E0000747-8000 (E747-8000)

The system can make copies just fine. When doing test prints from the Service Mode, it works fine too. When printing logs from the printers control panel, it works fine. Only when sending prints from the server does it give this error.

In the printer, I have taken out all the cards and Dimms, cleaned the contacts with alcohol, then reseated them. I still get the error.

The service manual says:
    17.1.12 Detail in E747 (Main controller image processing ASIC error)
    8000-9C00
    Communication error with RO-B PCB
    1. Disconnect then reconnect RO-B PCB.
    2. Replace RO-B PCB.
    3. Replace main controller PCB (MAIN-M).

I'm not sure if I should replace the Main Controll PCB -M or not. Does anyone else have any suggestions on something that should be done, or would replacing the main controller PCB fix the issue?

Has anyone run into this issue?

Thanks,
    Mike
    I had this error yesterday on the same machine. Had it happen a few times, generally I find that the huge cables from copier to RIP will sag and cause a disconnect eventually. I usually wrap the cables up and tie them to the handle on the power station. Helps to keep the connector straight into each device.

Otherwise, try reloading the system software on the server. This has been known to fix this.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by onlyinnewfoundland View Post
    I had this error yesterday on the same machine. Had it happen a few times, generally I find that the huge cables from copier to RIP will sag and cause a disconnect eventually. I usually wrap the cables up and tie them to the handle on the power station. Helps to keep the connector straight into each device.

Otherwise, try reloading the system software on the server. This has been known to fix this.
    Thank you, I've tied the cables to the handle on the machine by the power. The server was just reloaded using the restore cd.

I still get the error

I'm disconnecting the RO-B cable (the top one) just to see if it will give another error. I'll keep you posted. If it does, then it might not be the fiery server or cables.

Thanks
    Mike

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph2011 View Post
    good morning

not if you've done this test but worked for me once is that the PCB server (video) slot and change it if it continues to suspect that the card is bad and I had to change the PCB video on an IP 1135

regards
    Are you referring to the Video Controller card in the actual server (A2200)? I've replaced the controller card (RO-B) in the printer that sits in the Main Controller Board slot.

But you're saying you've replaced a video card in the server and it fixed the issue?

Technician

Thank you, I've tied the cables to the handle on the machine by the power. The server was just reloaded using the restore cd.

I still get the error

I'm disconnecting the RO-B cable (the top one) just to see if it will give another error. I'll keep you posted. If it does, then it might not be the fiery server or cables.

Thanks
    Mike
    I disconnected the top fiery cable and sent a test print. Nothing printed and no error. It processed then went away. I plugged back the fiery cable and made sure it was tight. kept it straight in the plug using a zip tie on the handle and sent a test print, now it's sending a E677-0080 Error, which is a fiery error hmmm. My gut feels like it's the video controller card in the server unit (a2200) but the service manual says it's it's either the RO-B board or the Main Controller Board-M that the Ro-B sits in, but i'm not sure.

Im rebooting the printer and pushing the cable in to be more tight. Lets see what happens.
    It's back to E747-8000. The E677-0080 normally is from the cable not being connected all the way or seated right I think...

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
    Mike

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

If u can, swap out the dimms in the server to another, see if error travels.

If u can't swap server simons, replace them.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    If u can, swap out the dimms in the server to another, see if error travels.

If u can't swap server simons, replace them.
    do you guys know what kind of dimms they are. Instead of purchasing from canon, is is DDR 2? Parity or no parity? I can't seem to find the specs on it except for who manufactures is.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

do you guys know what kind of dimms they are. Instead of purchasing from canon, is is DDR 2? Parity or no parity? I can't seem to find the specs on it except for who manufactures is.
    ================================================== ===============================================

A2200

Make sure Each DIMM is well-seated, and DIMM edge connectors are not oxidized.
    The motherboard has four DIMM sockets.
    The imagePRESS Server standard memory configuration populates all four sockets, for a total of 3GB of memory.

NOTE: When installing DIMMs, note the following:
    • To upgrade the imagePRESS Server to 4GB, remove the 512MB DIMMs from sockets DIMM 1 and DIMM 3 and install the 1GB DIMMs included in the upgrade kit.
    • Different capacity DIMMs look alike. Make sure that you know the capacity of each DIMM before you install it in a socket.
    • Install only approved DIMMs available from your service representative.
    DIMMs must be installed in matched pairs. A matched pair is comprised of two alternate sockets (see following figure). DIMMs within a pair must be identical (same capacity
    and same number of chips on each side).
    For example, in a two-DIMM configuration, populate DIMM 4 and DIMM 2 with DIMMs of identical capacity, with the same
    number of chips on each side.

NOTE: The socket is keyed so that the DIMM fits only one way.
    Make sure that the entire length of the DIMM (ends and center) is fully seated in the socket and that the levers close securely around the ends of the DIMM.
    If you installed a new DIMM, clear the CMOS as follows:

NOTE:
    You must clear the CMOS after installing a new DIMM to ensure compatibility between the new component and the previous settings stored in the BIOS.
    Make sure that the
    power cable is removed from the power outlet before clearing the CMOS.
    TO CLEAR THE CMOS
    • Remove the battery .
    Carefully push the clip away from the battery until the socket ejects the battery.Slide the battery out of its socket.
    • Wait 2 minutes to allow the motherboard electrical components to fully discharge.
    • Reinstall the battery.--------------slide it into the socket so that the positive (+) side of the battery
    faces up.
    Press the battery down into the socket until it snaps into place. Make sure that the battery is securely installed in the socket.
    If you installed a new DIMM and cleared the CMOS, make sure to reset the time and date in Setup--------------------

AS2200-DIMMS.jpg
    FE1-6405-000 DIMM ASS'Y, 1GB
    FE1-6394-000 DIMM ASS'Y, 512MB
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ================================================== ===============================================

A2200

Make sure Each DIMM is well-seated, and DIMM edge connectors are not oxidized.
    The motherboard has four DIMM sockets.
    The imagePRESS Server standard memory configuration populates all four sockets, for a total of 3GB of memory.

NOTE: When installing DIMMs, note the following:
    • To upgrade the imagePRESS Server to 4GB, remove the 512MB DIMMs from sockets DIMM 1 and DIMM 3 and install the 1GB DIMMs included in the upgrade kit.
    • Different capacity DIMMs look alike. Make sure that you know the capacity of each DIMM before you install it in a socket.
    • Install only approved DIMMs available from your service representative.
    DIMMs must be installed in matched pairs. A matched pair is comprised of two alternate sockets (see following figure). DIMMs within a pair must be identical (same capacity
    and same number of chips on each side).
    For example, in a two-DIMM configuration, populate DIMM 4 and DIMM 2 with DIMMs of identical capacity, with the same
    number of chips on each side.

NOTE: The socket is keyed so that the DIMM fits only one way.
    Make sure that the entire length of the DIMM (ends and center) is fully seated in the socket and that the levers close securely around the ends of the DIMM.
    If you installed a new DIMM, clear the CMOS as follows:

NOTE:
    You must clear the CMOS after installing a new DIMM to ensure compatibility between the new component and the previous settings stored in the BIOS.
    Make sure that the
    power cable is removed from the power outlet before clearing the CMOS.
    TO CLEAR THE CMOS
    • Remove the battery .
    Carefully push the clip away from the battery until the socket ejects the battery.Slide the battery out of its socket.
    • Wait 2 minutes to allow the motherboard electrical components to fully discharge.
    • Reinstall the battery.--------------slide it into the socket so that the positive (+) side of the battery
    faces up.
    Press the battery down into the socket until it snaps into place. Make sure that the battery is securely installed in the socket.
    If you installed a new DIMM and cleared the CMOS, make sure to reset the time and date in Setup--------------------

AS2200-DIMMS.jpg
    FE1-6405-000 DIMM ASS'Y, 1GB
    FE1-6394-000 DIMM ASS'Y, 512MB
    Do you guys know what the Dimm specs are, for example are the SDRAM PC2-1600 non-parity?