Exclamation E000575 Canon ImageRunner 2545i

Hello all, I am having a horrible time finding any information an error code I'm getting on this Canon ImageRunner 2545i.
    When trying to make a copy, the machine will activate but without even pulling any paper the machine will claim it has a paper jam in the the finisher and in the right side paper path. When the doors are opened and then closed, the machine will try to reactivate but then shoot off a code.
    The error code is E000575, previously a E000532.
    I took apart the internal finisher and found no obstruction in the path whatsoever.
    The machine as an Internal Finisher model INNER FIN-B1.
    I also can't find any sort of service manual for this machine.
    If anyone can give me any information on these error codes it would be most appreciated.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: E000575 Canon ImageRunner 2545i

Quote Originally Posted by RoyROd View Post
    Hello all, I am having a horrible time finding any information an error code I'm getting on this Canon ImageRunner 2545i.
    When trying to make a copy, the machine will activate but without even pulling any paper the machine will claim it has a paper jam in the the finisher and in the right side paper path. When the doors are opened and then closed, the machine will try to reactivate but then shoot off a code.
    The error code is E000575, previously a E000532.
    I took apart the internal finisher and found no obstruction in the path whatsoever.
    The machine as an Internal Finisher model INNER FIN-B1.
    I also can't find any sort of service manual for this machine.
    If anyone can give me any information on these error codes it would be most appreciated.
    E575 0001 Title Gripper Unit Move Motor (M2) error
    Description The gripper unit does not leave the gripper unit home position
    when the Gripper Unit Move Motor (M2) has been driven for
    3.8 seconds.
    Remedy 1.Replace the Gripper Unit HP Sensor (S7).
    2.Replace the Gripper Unit Move Motor (M2).
    3.Replace the Finisher Controller PCB (PCB1).
    E575 0002 Title Gripper Unit Move Motor (M2) error
    Description The gripper unit does not return to the gripper unit home
    position when the Gripper Unit Move Motor (M2) has been
    driven for 0.1 seconds.
    Remedy 1.Replace the Gripper Unit HP Sensor (S7).
    2.Replace the Gripper Unit Move Motor (M2).
    3.Replace the Finisher Controller PCB (PCB1).
    E532 0001 Title STP Move Motor (M1) error
    Description The stapler does not leave the stapler move home position
    when the STP Move Motor (M1) has been driven for 0.25 sec.
    Remedy 1.Replace the Stapler Move HP Sensor (S10).
    2.Check the wiring between the Finisher Controller PCB and
    the STP Move Motor.
    3.Check the stapler shift base.
    4.Replace the STP Move Motor (M1).
    5.Replace the Finisher Controller PCB (PCB1).
    E532 0002 Title STP Move Motor (M1) error
    Description The stapler does not return to the stapler move home position
    when the STP Move Motor (M1) has been driven for 2.8 sec.
    Remedy 1.Replace the Stapler Move HP Sensor (S10).
    2.Check the wiring between the Finisher Controller PCB and
    the STP Move Motor.
    3.Check the stapler shift base.
    4.Replace the STP Move Motor (M1).
    5.Replace the Finisher Controller PCB (PCB1).

The finishers are a pain. Sounds like something stuck or bad sensor or bad gripper. Check the big exit roller assembly and make sure it did not get knocked out of place. It should be out of the way of the gripper. I have a hard time fixing those internal finishers. Sometimes I take the gripper out and clean and grease where it slides in and out. After several hundred thousand copies it gets dirt and junk so they don't move properly. But a lot of times customer clears a jam early and knocks the big exit roller assembly bracket off. The bracket the gripper sits on can break also. They have updated to put metal in the plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    E575 0001 Title Gripper Unit Move Motor (M2) error
    Description The gripper unit does not leave the gripper unit home position
    when the Gripper Unit Move Motor (M2) has been driven for
    3.8 seconds.

The finishers are a pain. Sounds like something stuck or bad sensor or bad gripper. Check the big exit roller assembly and make sure it did not get knocked out of place. It should be out of the way of the gripper. I have a hard time fixing those internal finishers. Sometimes I take the gripper out and clean and grease where it slides in and out. After several hundred thousand copies it gets dirt and junk so they don't move properly. But a lot of times customer clears a jam early and knocks the big exit roller assembly bracket off. The bracket the gripper sits on can break also. They have updated to put metal in the plastic.
    Thank you very much for the speedy reply, I tore that thing apart and didn't notice anything out of place, do you happen to have part numbers or perhaps a parts guide for this machine/finisher?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoyROd View Post
    Thank you very much for the speedy reply, I tore that thing apart and didn't notice anything out of place, do you happen to have part numbers or perhaps a parts guide for this machine/finisher?
    Says
    Parts Catalog No. NCL-0000-620 for the finisher B-1. Not sure if that is part number or not

FM4-3405-010 is gripper assembly. I take the cover you open off the finisher and watch the stapler go home and back (push on switch). If gripper moves ahead and back ok with out a code then usually it is ok. If the exit roller assembly is out of the way of the gripper I have more problems with the gripper. Seems like 1/2 times exit roller assembly (something out of place) and 1/2 times gripper and occasionally false jam at sensors and I replace them (funky old style, not ones with circuit board). Those internal finishers have always been a pain. Canon used to give us free finishers because they would never time right. I have a fraction of the problems I used to. Have tried to update software on that model with no help/luck ever. UST software needs to be upgraded with computer. I personally have not had problems with finisher board. Usually if I can get stapler to cycle back 5 or more times without crashing into gripper then it is not gripper. Getting a finisher off a trade in has fixed a few of mine.

Technician

I had the same error code, and te big exit roller assembly was knocked out of place.
    I've took out the finisher, remove the upper plastic from the finisher and put the roller back into place.
    I have attached a picture with te roller before the fix
    Attached Images Attached Images