Irc3580 - Z1 Finisher, paper comes out skewed

Asaid, paper comes out skewed. When observing printing, paper comes out nolmal, until two rollers on top of the paper pull the paper back a bit. The one in the back seems to slip, hence the paper comes out diagonal.

Cleaned the rollers, but no improvement. Are the rollers worn or might there be someting else causing this ? If rollers need to be replaced, doe someone know the partno's of these ?

See attached picktures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: Irc3580 - Z1 Finisher, paper comes out skewed

Quote Originally Posted by JPiek View Post
    Asaid, paper comes out skewed. When observing printing, paper comes out nolmal, until two rollers on top of the paper pull the paper back a bit. The one in the back seems to slip, hence the paper comes out diagonal.

Cleaned the rollers, but no improvement. Are the rollers worn or might there be someting else causing this ? If rollers need to be replaced, doe someone know the partno's of these ?

See attached picktures.
    That seems to be a common problem with that finisher. I think the frame where the tray sits on gets bent where the tray is not the same on both sides. I have seen techs post to take finisher out of machine and put on floor to bend side back. I am lucky enough we replace so many machines I replace the finisher when I get weird problems like that. I had one on a newer model where the gripper would push the paper out crooked. I don't know if the arms you are mentioning are on the gripper but a newer used gripper fixed that problem.

Thanks for your reply. Haven't noticed anything bend or anything.
    Printer has app. 145000 b/w and 160000 colorprints on the counter. Nut sure if i should put in a new finischer.

Apart from that, I have no manual how to remove it, or a parts manual....
    3580 is a solid printer, but rather old i think... So i'm not sure what to do. It's a machine in our own office.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JPiek View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Haven't noticed anything bend or anything.
    Printer has app. 145000 b/w and 160000 colorprints on the counter. Nut sure if i should put in a new finischer.

Apart from that, I have no manual how to remove it, or a parts manual....
    3580 is a solid printer, but rather old i think... So i'm not sure what to do. It's a machine in our own office.
    They are not too hard to remove. There is a plastic cover on the bottom shaped like a triangle you have take off to get to one of the screws. Lift a small amount on the front of the tray to see if it improves. Because of the bracket the tray is on it may be a little droopy on one side. I think any manual for that series copier is the same installation of the finisher. I see that happening a lot. Those two levers come out and drop on paper and one side (usually rear I think) gets pulled in and may even go in between tray. I try and bend bracket to level tray. Have not ever replaced levers but then again I am lucky as people upgrade a lot in my territory. Especially since we started cancelling very old copier contracts. When I started here it was not unusual to see very old copiers as they never canceled contracts.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Irc3580 - Z1 Finisher, paper comes out skewed

Seen this a few times now this model is getting old. Easy fix, have a look inside above the grey belts are 4 tiny rubber washer type rollers these crack & catch the paper, simply pull them off with pliers etc.
    Next clean the grey rubber drive/feed belts on both sides. You can do all this with the finisher in the machine however it is easier to remove the finisher & work on it on a desk etc.
    Badically give all the rubber rollers & belts a good clean works every time.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

The paper comes out perfectly undamaged and unscratched. I all ready cleaned every part of rubber I could see and reach...

We decided not to repair the machine, we have a 5030 coming back from one of our customers who ended the contract. We will put that one in place.

This one will become a donor (if needed) for two other 3580 we have...

Thanks for the help guys !