Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Taggerung08's Avatar

Canon C1 Professional Hole Punches Misaligned

Hello all,

I have a dilly of a pickle. Got a C1 Professional Hole puncher, punching out misaligned holes. Attached to a Canon IR Advance C9075. I tried adjusting the set screws but to no avail. Anyone with experience in this matter? The first page usually comes out aligned okay, then they get more and more out of whack, then suddenly back to being aligned.

Fuckeduppunches1.jpgFuckeduppunches2.jpgFuckeduppunches3.jpg

Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Canon C1 Professional Hole Punches Misaligned

I have had fun with something similar. A three hole punch internal on a IR 3245i. We were off maybe by a milimeter and it still wasn't good enough. Told them to give me back my referb and go by new. FYI- I think they might have gotten sticker shock and are still using my refurb.

Bottom line- check service mode HOLE. if there are two settings there it is all done by software. If there is only one alienment spec in svm then there is a physical adjustment (hardware) for the x or y direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Taggerung08 View Post
    Hello all,

I have a dilly of a pickle. Got a C1 Professional Hole puncher, punching out misaligned holes. Attached to a Canon IR Advance C9075. I tried adjusting the set screws but to no avail. Anyone with experience in this matter? The first page usually comes out aligned okay, then they get more and more out of whack, then suddenly back to being aligned.

Fuckeduppunches1.jpgFuckeduppunches2.jpgFuckeduppunches3.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    Bottom line- check service mode HOLE. if there are two settings there it is all done by software. If there is only one alienment spec in svm then there is a physical adjustment (hardware) for the x or y direction.
    I believe there is only one bit in SM to change regarding the alignment, so I am looking at mechanical issues.

Is it possible that the backgage unit needs to be replaced? I inspected the the backgage gate, it was iffy it was bent. The bushings did not appear to be out of place or damaged. Are there any parts that are commonly replaced on these units?

I appreciate the help, it doesn't seem many people have experience with these, and the ones that do have a thousand yard stare from hours of tussling with these.

Sticker shock? Tell me about it!

Happy Memorial weekend everyone!
    Update: I replaced the backgage unit, after seeing the bushings looked out of place, but to no avail. Still having the same problem. The timing belts look okay - no teeth missing nothing too loose.
    Would really appreciate anyone's input on this issue.

Thank you.