Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canon IR 4570

Re: Canon IR 4570

You actually can rest the counter BUT need to be an Authorized Canon Dealer to get the part needed to reset it if the part is still available. It is HIGHLY frowned upon.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ok Ok. Close this post now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR 4570

Previously, Canon U.S.A., Inc. regarded the Counter Memory PCB as a restricted part. As such, the Counter Memory PCB was only available by contacting the Canon Technical Support Hotline. This publication is to
    announce that this component will no longer be restricted for these models and will be open for purchase from Canon U.S.A., Inc.
    The Serial Number PCB's will continue to be restricted . The Serial Number PCB can only be obtained by contacting the Canon Technical Support Hotline.

Counter Memory, Serial Number and Main Controller PCBs work as a set and are considered the “Soft Counter Circuit”. The Counter Memory PCB is electronically stamped with the serial number from the Serial Number PCB. Neither the Counter Memory PCB nor the Serial Number PCB can be swapped to other equipment. The Counter Memory PCB keeps track of the total count, which cannot be erased or changed.

The
    Service Counters are retained by the Main Controller. These counters can be reset manually through service mode.
    When the Counter Memory PCB must be replaced, after installing the new one, the new Counter Memory PCB learns the Total Count from the Main Controller.
    This is retained in SRAM on the Main Controller PCB and held active by means of an on board battery.

It is illegal to tamper with this circuit in an attempt to falsify the counter readings of any Canon Copier.

that-s-the-bottomline-cause-stone-cold-said-so.jpg

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Canon IR 4570

Among the victims of meter tempering is a Copier tech, !!!!
    He will spend hours and hours of troubleshooting in vain, all because his reasoning will be influenced by false counter.

Any technician taking pleasure in tempering counters is sending a disaster to the community of fellow technicians.

What an argument? " I did the illegal because a customer asked me to do the illegal ..."

No suprise, some sort of customers will ask you to do that if they are intending to dispose/ transfer ownship, will you use your brain or theirs?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I asked this to the people who know how its done. Not to the people who don't know and still want to reply with such useless arguments and writing essays on what's good and what not. Stop commenting if you don't know. Stop wasting your time and mine too.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR 4570

Quote Originally Posted by Krunal View Post
    I asked this to the people who know how its done. Not to the people who don't know and still want to reply with such useless arguments and writing essays on what's good and what not. Stop commenting if you don't know. Stop wasting your time and mine too.

:-|
    Stop asking foolish questions on illegal procedures.

Head over to Facebook, and post your nonsense
    in a help video.

And stop wasting the space and time in this forum.

PEASE. >
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**