Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    IR 2200 Wait message won't clear... Bar goes half way and won't boot up...

This copier was donated to an organization. (I have never seen it worked) The hard drive was bad... I replaced the hard drive with known good one with system software.I replaced the Main controller, DC controller, BootROM, RAM... DC Controller Boot ROM... Still no change... The bar goes about half way.. "wait"
    I am at my wits end... Can't get into service mode... Any help would be sooo appreciated..

Re: IR 2200 Wait message won't clear... Bar goes half way and won't boot up...

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    This copier was donated to an organization. (I have never seen it worked) The hard drive was bad... I replaced the hard drive with known good one with system software.I replaced the Main controller, DC controller, BootROM, RAM... DC Controller Boot ROM... Still no change... The bar goes about half way.. "wait"
    I am at my wits end... Can't get into service mode... Any help would be sooo appreciated..
    A little more info... This copier once had ecopy. Thinking that replacing the DIMM card on the reader controller might fix this... (Only thing I haven't changed is the reader controller)

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Some additiona items to check, If applies,

1. What Boot DIMM does printer have_?
    Copier or a PDL Network Boot Dimm,
    The Network Boot DIMM wil be included in the kit.

2. Another possibly cause of this is if the platform on the Paper Deck-L1 is binding when attempting to going down during boot up.
    Disconnect the Paper DecK L-1, if the ImageRunner boots properly check for a bind in the Paper Deck L1.

Also__Disconnect Fax Board (since I can't get in service mode).
    3. If the imageRunner has a Fax Kit installed, check to see if the version of the Fax firmware is displayed in Service Mode (* 2 8 * > Copier > Display > Versions) If the version for Fax firmware is ghosted out, try disconnecting the Fax Board from the Main Controller. If the imageRunner then boots up fine with the Fax Board disconnected, try replacing the Fax Board.

Check Item__:-D
    4. Verify that the DIMM on the DC controller is mounted securely and is registered in service mode. Service mode>Copier>Display>Version>DC-CON.
    Replace the DIMM if needed with part number FG3-1620-120.
    Last edited by teckat; 05-22-2016 at 05:06 AM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Some additiona items to check, If applies,

1. What Boot DIMM does printer have_?
    Copier or a PDL Network Boot Dimm,
    The Network Boot DIMM wil be included in the kit.

2. Another possibly cause of this is if the platform on the Paper Deck-L1 is binding when attempting to going down during boot up.
    Disconnect the Paper DecK L-1, if the ImageRunner boots properly check for a bind in the Paper Deck L1.

Also__Disconnect Fax Board (since I can't get in service mode).
    3. If the imageRunner has a Fax Kit installed, check to see if the version of the Fax firmware is displayed in Service Mode (* 2 8 * > Copier > Display > Versions) If the version for Fax firmware is ghosted out, try disconnecting the Fax Board from the Main Controller. If the imageRunner then boots up fine with the Fax Board disconnected, try replacing the Fax Board.

Check Item__:-D
    4. Verify that the DIMM on the DC controller is mounted securely and is registered in service mode. Service mode>Copier>Display>Version>DC-CON.
    Replace the DIMM if needed with part number FG3-1620-120.
    Thanks so much for your feedback... Going to mess with it again today... Seems like I am missing something. There isn't a fax or Large capacity feeder...

If u have the network pdl kit installed, it needs it's own boot rom.

Where\whom did u get this HDD from_?
    Old trick to get into service mode_ as soon as u see progress bar moveing, start and try getting into service mode before it stalls.
    Try this a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    If u have the network pdl kit installed, it needs it's own boot rom.

Where\whom did u get this HDD from_?
    Old trick to get into service mode_ as soon as u see progress bar moveing, start and try getting into service mode before it stalls.
    Try this a few times.
    I got the HDD out of a working machine with all the accessories that that are installed on the new machine (except for ecopy on the new machine) I have done this before and had alot of success with it... I did exchange the counter on the Main controller when I changed it. I used the same RAM and the same BootROM. Anything that I do (Change HDD, Main Controller, DC Controller, BootROM etc...) Has no effect on the problem... Does the same exact thing...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Put all the original boards & HDD back in the machine then reload the firmware using the SST

You could also try doing a scandisk repair, turn on the machine while holding down the 1 & 9 keys
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    I got the HDD out of a working machine with all the accessories that that are installed on the new machine (except for ecopy on the new machine) I have done this before and had alot of success with it... I did exchange the counter on the Main controller when I changed it. I used the same RAM and the same BootROM. Anything that I do (Change HDD, Main Controller, DC Controller, BootROM etc...) Has no effect on the problem... Does the same exact thing...
    ================================================== =================

The Counter Memory, Serial Number and Main Controller PCBs work as a set and are considered the “Soft Counter Circuit”.
    The Counter Memory PCB is electronically stamped with the serial number from the Serial Number PCB. Neither the Counter Memory PCB nor the Serial Number PCB can be swapped to other equipment.
    The Counter Memory PCB keeps track of the total count, which cannot be erased or changed. The service counters are retained by the Main Controller. These counters can be reset manually through service mode.
    When the Counter Memory PCB must be replaced, after installing the new one, the new Counter Memory PCB learns the Total Count from the Main Controller.
    This is retained in SRAM on the Main Controller PCB and held active by means of an on board battery.

Never replace two boards in the Soft Counter circuit at the same time!
    This would include any two of either the Counter Memory PCB, Main Controller PCB (or Image Processor depending on model) and Serial Number PCB.

Never operate the equipment without the Counter Memory PCB installed. Doing so may cause an E245 code, which can only be cleared by “zeroing out” the Main Controller PCB by one of Canons'
    A.P.R.F.’s or replacing it with a new Main Controller PCB