Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

IRA C5051i problem with cyan & magenta registration

Hi there

Recently got a second hand IRA C5051i. Good condition, it seems, w/ c. 500k mono copies on the clock and in the region of 3k colour copies.
    Am trying to set it up on our Apple Airport Extreme wireless network at the moment (that's a different story!) but wanted to know if anyone had experienced a mis-registration of cyan and magenta, seems most pronounced on text/lines. The mis-registration is only in one direction, across the width of the print (it's about 0.5mm out between the two colours).
    From reading similar problems/posts, it seems it could be a number of things.

Would you recommend me doing anything to help me diagnose the problem before calling out a technician?
    And on that note, if I were to call a technician: I know most on the forum are (seemingly) in the US, but might you recommend anyone in/near London, UK?

Thank you in advance

Simon

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: IRA C5051i problem with cyan & magenta registration

additional functions > maintenance > auto colour mismatch.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    additional functions > maintenance > auto colour mismatch.
    Hi there
    Thanks for the information.
    I went into Auto Correct Colour Mismatch, it initialises, then says "Auto Correct Colour Mismatch was stopped. Start correction again. If this error continues to occur, contact your service representative".
    I repeat the steps, but the same error occurs.
    Do you know why this might be?
    And alternatively, would you happen to know/recommend a technician i can call, if I can't fix the problem myself?

Thank you
    Simon

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by simongoode View Post
    Hi there
    Thanks for the information.
    I went into Auto Correct Colour Mismatch, it initialises, then says "Auto Correct Colour Mismatch was stopped. Start correction again. If this error continues to occur, contact your service representative".
    I repeat the steps, but the same error occurs.
    Do you know why this might be?
    And alternatively, would you happen to know/recommend a technician i can call, if I can't fix the problem myself?

Thank you
    Simon
    ==============================================
    call for a tech or re-post title under Canon = Looking for London, UK Tech

---few things can cause this miss-match issue

try this --if comfortable in service mode

Cyan and Magenta bars on a PG 10 do not align (from front to rear of the copier), with the Yellow and Black colors.
    To resolve the problem the values from the black color were copied from Service Mode level 1 > Copier > Adjust > Image Reg > REG-H-K & REG-HS-K to the corresponding service mode location for the Cyan Color = REG-H-C & REG-HS-C and the Magenta Color = REG-H-M & REG-HS-M.
    Next do the auto correct color mismatch again.
    This should automatically realign the bars on the PG 10 and resolved the problem.

or Check
    It has been found that if the values under COPIER>ADJUST>IMG-REG are set to "0" color mismatch will fail.
    Re-Enter the values from the front door label.===power off/on printer - retry auto correct color mismatch again

if not seek out a tech

================================================== ================================================== ============================================
    "Auto Correct Color Mismatch was stopped. Start correction again. If this error continues to occur, contact your service representative."

The issue may be caused by a faulty Patch Shutter operation. The Patch Shutter is operated by SL1 ( Registration Shutter Solenoid ) and a Shutter linkage.
    Verify that the Shutter linkage and Patch Shutter moves smoothly, and check the operation of SL1.

To check the Patch Shutter & SL1 operation: Remove the ITB Belt front cover and locate SL1.
    Actuate the front door switch, enter Service Mode, Function, Part check, <SL=1>, and activate SL-ON.
    32705.jpg
    Correct any binding and/or replace any defective components.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**