Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    maxharris

Canon ipf610 E196-404e , want to try L Printer Tool Version 1.40 to update.

Ive got a ipf610 and it hasn't been used in a while and now shows error message E196-404e and id like to try and update the firmware to latest (1.42) as its on 1.37 at the moment, I'm hoping this will fix things (fingers crossed)

I need the L Printer Tool Version 1.4 for mac, but can't find it anywhere online... can anyone help me out?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon ipf610 E196-404e , want to try L Printer Tool Version 1.40 to update.

Re: Canon ipf610 E196-404e , want to try L Printer Tool Version 1.40 to update.

Quote Originally Posted by maxharris View Post
    Ive got a ipf610 and it hasn't been used in a while and now shows error message E196-404e and id like to try and update the firmware to latest (1.42) as its on 1.37 at the moment, I'm hoping this will fix things (fingers crossed)

I need the L Printer Tool Version 1.4 for mac, but can't find it anywhere online... can anyone help me out?

_______

Bad news_
    L PRINTER TOOL ver1.40 ,v1.50, & v1.80 do not support MAC.

L Printer Tool TP08 - Documents

imagePROGRAF 500 / 510 / 600 / 605 / 610
    ©=:O
    E196-404E Error Code

Error code E196-404E is occurring. The description of the error code is an EEPROM read error.

A faulty Print Head shorted out the Head Relay PCB and Main PCB.
    To resolve the error replaced both the Carriage Assy (Head Relay PCB included) and Main PCB.

Do not install new Print Head at this time.
    Boot up machine in Service Mode to perform CPU Board Replacement Procedure.
    Boot up machine in Service Mode a second time and allow machine to complete the boot up process and come to a Ready state, this will erase the error.
    Boot up machine in User Mode and allow machine to prompt for new Print Head to be installed, install the new Print Head.
    Last edited by teckat; 05-23-2016 at 05:04 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

maxharris

Re: Canon ipf610 E196-404e , want to try L Printer Tool Version 1.40 to update.

Thanks for your reply!

Ah so in the scheme of things Im probably better off buying a new one, office works is selling them for 3250$ AUS,