Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Jam Code 0105 on an IRC3480

I have seen a couple threads concerning this jam code but they didn't quite match the problem I am experiencing.

This machine as 4 cassette drawers. When I run letter size paper through the top 2 drawers it jams consistently showing

0105 jam code. The machine says its a delay jam to PS9. The paper stops half way into the fuser with no apparent damage

to the paper. It just stops there. There is confusion in the manual as to what PS9 is. One manual says it's the multifeed paper present sensor.

That makes no sense. The 0105 is a delay jam to the registration sensor according the service mode section of the manual.

The machine started off with 0206 jams and misregistering no matter which drawer I used. It did that same thing 3 months ago

and I changed the DC Controller and DC Driver boards. The problem went away. This time I swapped right side doors and it appeared

to solve the problem. That's when these 0105 jam codes started. Again it will run letter just fine through the bottom 2 cassettes and the manual

feed. I swapped the paper pickup units for the upper 2 drawers and that made no change. Still jams on letter. Wiring Issue to those paper

pickup units maybe??

I can run legal and 11 x 17 through those upper 2 drawers without any jamming. It only jams on letter size.

It also seems to do okay on the upper 2 cassettes running letter paper the LTR-R direction.
    Last edited by RHodg57; 05-25-2016 at 03:13 PM.

Re: Jam Code 0105 on an IRC3480

I've had this jam code before and from what I remember, the cassette 1 feed assy' has fixed it before and the other was the (smoke) cover to the OHP sensor, it happened to be sightly popped out... maybe this happened during the install of said door.

*However, I did not experience the slew of prior issues you did. Good luck..

Any luck with this problem?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rod... View Post
    Any luck with this problem?
    Well I thought I had it solved by swapping a cassette feed but a week later it threw an 003-001 code so I exchanged fixing assemblies.

I verified the fixing assembly was the cause for the code and not the door or fixing drive. However the jams came back 0206...only out of the

second drawer on letter. If I load the cassette with legal it runs fine. Maybe the used DC Controller I installed a couple month ago failed.