Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

IRA C9075 PRO INIT-ITB giving "NG!"

I've been having problems with a Canon IRA C9075 PRO consistently giving me an "NG!" return code when running COPIER > FUNCTION > INSTALL > INIT-ITB. Left in this state, the unit then logically enough gives a E075-0002 after a few thousand prints. The unit started giving this problem after a long distance relocation. No other error codes have been encountered. There has been a few jams, but they've been after the image transfer.

What I've tried:
    - The unit is level, as far as I can tell (level placed on glass of the imager, didn't try a marble)
    - The ITB is under all 6 of the support sheets and is not covering the ITB position flag
    - The ITB is oriented with the white sheet towards the back of the unit. The white sheet is also fairly clean and the ITB HP Sensor (PS5) looks unobstructed.
    - re-centering the ITB on the rollers results again in an INIT-ITB failure. The sequence takes approximately the whole 3 minutes it's listed as being supposed to take.
    - when reinstalling the ITB, the ITB tension lever and stopper cam act in unison and don't seem to provide any resistance other than that provided by the tension springs.
    - I've tried replacing the ITB Displacement Sensor (PS2) w/ flag with no change in results.
    - I've tried replacing the ITB with no change in results.

I can't seem to find any reference as to where I might be able to see the output values of the PS2, PS3 or PS5 sensors (service manual says nothing? on screen info has entries for them but indicate no relevant bits?). Similarly, I haven't found a timing diagram for the INIT-ITB procedure or any related troubleshooting docs.

Next on my list of things to try was possibly replacing the ITB HP Sensor (PS5), though I'd kind of expect the INIT-ITB to fail faster, or other errors to show up if the unit couldn't detect a full rotation of the ITB.
    Similarly, I haven't tried looking into the ITB Steering Drive Motor (M4) or it's HP Sensor (PS3) as I'd assume I'd get an E075-0000 if there were an error there.

Any suggestions to resolve this?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: IRA C9075 PRO INIT-ITB giving "NG!"

NG after performing INIT-ITB

Check List------------
    Verified the ITB Belt installation, white patch is towards the rear of the ITB assembly-----
    Verified the ITB Displacement sensor flag is positioned correctly to the belt---------------
    Verified the pulsing of the steering cam during the INIT-ITB-----------------------------
    Replaced PS3 & PS5. > ITB belt was not displaced---------------------------------------
    Edge Sensor Unit (ITB) FM3-4906-000---------------------------------------------------

Try Replacing the Drum/ITB Driver pcb.
    May resolve the INIT-ITB "NG" issue.

Part number FM3-9576-000 Drum/I.T.Belt Driver pcb

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Thanks for the procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Verified the pulsing of the steering cam during the INIT-ITB-----------------------------
    Is there a specific way to do this?

Technician

Id check the bearings on the ITB steering roller.

If the are seizing or gunked up or loose ITB will track to one side and give e075

Quote Originally Posted by Portabubblejoan View Post
    Id check the bearings on the ITB steering roller.
    While I didn't disassemble the roller, it seems to spin without much friction (though with a bunch of inertia, that thing certainly feels heavy), so I don't think it's seizing or anything.

I've attached a picture of the steering roller (with the rest of the assembly) and I was kind of wondering if it's vertical travel was supposed to be more substantial. In the picture it's at it's maximum vertical position. at it's minimum vertical position, I'd eyeball it at probably twice the distance off the neutral position. Is that normal? Am I grasping at straws? I haven't yet replaced PS3, PS5 or the Drum/I.T.Belt Driver pcb. I'll probably place an order for those in the next few days.

P_20160606_210706_HDR_1.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

How to replace drum/itb driver.
    Remove back panel, and it will be right here below the flywheel

The inner secondary roller and bearings may be seized. No part number for the bearings, so replace the assembly.
    Last edited by vigour; 06-08-2016 at 08:00 AM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vigour View Post
    How to replace drum/itb driver.
    Remove back panel, and it will be right here below the flywheel

The inner secondary roller and bearings may be seized. No part number for the bearings, so replace the assembly.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**