boopsy2007

IR ADV 5235 OF75 JAM

IR ADV 5235
    No internal finisher

I have a canon 5235 colour copier which when on a run of 10 or more seems to jam consistently. the jam code is OF75. When the code is selected it shows no sensor location or paper source. When clearing paper jam, there is always paper coming out of delivery and one at registration. I have replaced fuser unit and paper feed driver pcb, and upgraded system software to no avail.
    Its a very unusual code which isn't in the manual so i'm stumped. Any ideas please.
    Many thanks in advance.
    John

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: IR ADV 5235 OF75 JAM

Quote Originally Posted by boopsy2007 View Post
    IR ADV 5235
    No internal finisher

I have a canon 5235 colour copier which when on a run of 10 or more seems to jam consistently. the jam code is OF75. When the code is selected it shows no sensor location or paper source. When clearing paper jam, there is always paper coming out of delivery and one at registration. I have replaced fuser unit and paper feed driver pcb, and upgraded system software to no avail.
    Its a very unusual code which isn't in the manual so i'm stumped. Any ideas please.
    Many thanks in advance.
    John
    Intermittently, the machine will display a 0F75 jam code. The 0F75 jam code references a possible issue with the ITB Assembly.

Workaround :
    Go to Service Mode COPIER>DISPLAY>MISC and check that ITB-POS and ITB-POS2 values are within the acceptable range of -200 and +200*. If the values do not fall into this range, refer to the servicing procedures detailed in TP15 279a.pdf
    Some people may say I have a short temper, but I prefer to call it
    "A swift and assertive reaction to bullshit"

Technician

Hello, did you solve the problem?
    I have exactly the same problem..

Kind regards Ola

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boopsy2007 View Post
    IR ADV 5235
    No internal finisher

Many thanks in advance.
    John
    are you sure the jam code is 0F75? There is no jam code 0F75 in service manuel. take a photo or print out a hist-report and check it.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by cdtw9803 View Post
    are you sure the jam code is 0F75? There is no jam code 0F75 in service manuel. take a photo or print out a hist-report and check it.
    Hi, is your problem solved ? I have exactly the same problem JAM 0F75 .

Regards

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    IR ADV 5235 OF75 JAM

Randall has the correct answer. 0F75 will eventually turn into a E075, ITB psosition.

Quote Originally Posted by bobburnsreb View Post
    Randall has the correct answer. 0F75 will eventually turn into a E075, ITB psosition.

That 's right, befire having error code liike E0075-0003 or E075-0301, th ejam code 0F75 could be detected.
    it's a first to this erroneous code.

Regards

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    Intermittently, the machine will display a 0F75 jam code. The 0F75 jam code references a possible issue with the ITB Assembly.

Workaround :
    Go to Service Mode COPIER>DISPLAY>MISC and check that ITB-POS and ITB-POS2 values are within the acceptable range of -200 and +200*. If the values do not fall into this range, refer to the servicing procedures detailed in TP15 279a.pdf
    If it is the ITB, then that is the more reason it allows the paper to pass through somehow. Because with E00075-003, the machine will not be ready at all.
    As an alternative, he may remove the ITB and visually inspect the position of the belt. It may gradually be slipping more to one side of the rollers holding it. The horizontal space from the tip of the rollers to the belt will appear relatively wider than the other horizontal end.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    IR ADV 5235 OF75 JAM

Also, past posts, uneven floor will throw the belt off. Common on this series with that code with uneven floors, there also is past post about a repositioning of the screw that tightens the belt so it doesnt walk.