Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    iradvc5240 - gradation and CQ ISSUE

Hi,

I have an IR-ADVC5240i , 170k A4 colour and 4k large colour and only 13k mono, the customer was complaining of CQ on 250gsm card. When I arrived, life of drums on colour were only around 3%, mono drum was about 8 %. Decided to do a auto gradation and noticed that on the 2nd print, the 4 bars of gradation looked weird. The black bar was perfect, however the 3 colours were half way up the page, when attempting to scan the gradation the machine could not. I tried new colour drums and the gradation sheets were good for the first 2, then the 3 colours on the gradation started drifting back up the page until they were only half way up the page again, mono once again was perfect. I have attempted to attach a photo of it but not sure if it loaded. I upgraded the firmware, cleaned the patch sensors, tried new drums but still no effect. Checked the secondary transfer roller and seems ok. I suspected the laser but due to the mono being ok, i thought not. Checking the ITB saw nothing unusual, so I will order 3 primary transfer rollers and a new belt....any ideas.???

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: iradvc5240 - gradation and CQ ISSUE

Usually a few things can cause patch offset on gradation pages.

ITB BELT DRIFT
    LASERS
    Paper Trays (paper shift on width setting)

How does Grid Test Print look_?
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

hi Tekcat,

grid is fine, no problems there, i thought about lasers at first then if the bk and cyan share the same laser and the bk is fine, thats steering me away from the laser. I have tried attaching the gradation prints to this but fails everytime for some reason, when i replaced the 3 colour drums, the gradation sheets came out fine until the 3rd and 4th one which had then drifted back half way up the print....bk was still good but 3 colours way up...i have ordered 3 primary transfer rollers and a new belt, to see how that goes.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    Hi,

I have an IR-ADVC5240i , 170k A4 colour and 4k large colour and only 13k mono, the customer was complaining of CQ on 250gsm card. When I arrived, life of drums on colour were only around 3%, mono drum was about 8 %. Decided to do a auto gradation and noticed that on the 2nd print, the 4 bars of gradation looked weird. The black bar was perfect, however the 3 colours were half way up the page, when attempting to scan the gradation the machine could not. I tried new colour drums and the gradation sheets were good for the first 2, then the 3 colours on the gradation started drifting back up the page until they were only half way up the page again, mono once again was perfect. I have attempted to attach a photo of it but not sure if it loaded. I upgraded the firmware, cleaned the patch sensors, tried new drums but still no effect. Checked the secondary transfer roller and seems ok. I suspected the laser but due to the mono being ok, i thought not. Checking the ITB saw nothing unusual, so I will order 3 primary transfer rollers and a new belt....any ideas.???
    The end of the shutters over the patch sensors are still breaking. Check to see if the shutter moves when you push on the solenoid.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    The end of the shutters over the patch sensors are still breaking. Check to see if the shutter moves when you push on the solenoid.
    Yea checked the shutter movement and cleaned windows. Can't get a pic to upload on here for some reason

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    Yea checked the shutter movement and cleaned windows. Can't get a pic to upload on here for some reason

COPIER> FUNCTION> MISC-P> P-PRINT
    - Output the service mode setting values by P-PRINT before
    execution. After execution, enter necessary setting value. ■
    - The RAM data is cleared after the main power switch is turned
    OFF/ON.

Then try a DC-CON CLEAR
    make sure to put back settings from P PRINT

1. AUTO COLOR MISMATCH first,
    2. then a CORRECT SHADING,
    3. followed by a full AUTO GRADATION,
    4. then COLOR CALIBRATION for the image/color PASS
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**