Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    IRAC 50xx ITB Unit

IRAC 50xx ITB Unit

Hi all,

I have an irac5035 that has a constant history of E075. We are aware of all the bulletins, mod kits, levelling the machine etc etc however these only seem to be temporary fix. 9/10 the mod kit works, however not it seems on this particular machine.

So basically I just want to order the complete ITB ass'y, looking at the parts manual there's no part number for the complete unit with the belt? so do I need to order FM4-8410-020 ITB Unit & the ITB belt AND The primary charge roller set!?

Thanks, Copy Tech
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: IRAC 50xx ITB Unit

You could reuse the old xfer rollers if need be, they don't have any bearing on that error. The new assembly will come with holders for the xfer rollers, most of the time I just use the old belt and rollers if there isn't a print quality issue. If the belt is damaged, then of course i replace it as well. I've had a couple of persistent machines who despite the bulletins, and leveling required this to be replaced, much more successful.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    IRAC 50xx ITB Unit

AS far as I know OP you are right. The set part number has been discontinued and replaced with FY7-0429 for Pri transfers need to order 4. I'm told the rollers wear down on the end but if your are good. The C5000 are running good for me with the itb improvement kit. I would for sure replace the whole thing in a problem machine. Retire it if it wont behave, the frame might be bent.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I was not a fan of this line due to this issue. We have found with the ITB Mod on a hard floor works great. On a carpet floor we bite the bullet and install a piece of steel (road signs work as well) under entire machine and finisher. If you have never rebuilt them and have a few in the field, I strongly recommend you rebuild them and get familiar with them. Look at ends of rollers for correct and even roller patterns, if your holes are egg shaped or do not look normal, change the entire assembly. I have rebuilt these with OEM parts only, (if you choose the generics, put that money in a jar as your gonna need it to replace the entire unit soon). Had issues with this problem when they first came out, but buy a few assemblies and you learn very quickly you are paying someone else to rebuild and hopefully it is not a family member who needed a summer job and has no idea what he/she is doing.

Hope that helps

IRAC 50xx ITB Unit

Thanks for the info.

My collegue has told me that
    FM4-8411-020 is the complete ITB ass'y for the irac50xx inc the belt & rollers etc, so i'll order this unit & simply swap the cleaning unit from the E075 one.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Copier tech - perfect you have an old one you can disassemble and get familiar with them. Disassemble and re assemble. It will knock your time spent on them in half. Now you can quickly diagnose the errors in the future. I pick these machines up on contract and most fly by night companies who pick them up, can't service them so they end up band aiding the issue till their contract is up.

Hope that helps

IRAC 50xx ITB Unit

Yes I will strip this one, maybe even fix it up to keep as a spare in the van. This unit just seems way over complicated, what was wrong with the old clc3200 style, all that itb needed was a clean now & then or a new belt simple!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    IRAC 50xx ITB Unit

Here's a page from the IRAc52xx manual. This tweak isn't in the IRAc50xx manual. I plan to try it on one of my c5030's. ITB Adjustment.doc
    It might work for you.