Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

advanced 6255 scan/copy

I have a advanced 6255 when scanning two sided copies from the df have a bad bleed through on the second side. It doesn't do that off the glass, nor when simplex copies from a duplexed original. I've checked the ccd and white plate settings, and performed a rcon clear. I manually inputted the door lable values. Wondering if anyone has had this issue before, right now I'm leaning towards the controller(reader).
    Thanks in advance!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    advanced 6255 scan/copy

Re: advanced 6255 scan/copy

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    I have a advanced 6255 when scanning two sided copies from the df have a bad bleed through on the second side. It doesn't do that off the glass, nor when simplex copies from a duplexed original. I've checked the ccd and white plate settings, and performed a rcon clear. I manually inputted the door lable values. Wondering if anyone has had this issue before, right now I'm leaning towards the controller(reader).
    Thanks in advance!

Did u use printers "Controller System Error Diagnosis Tool"_?
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

No, I hadn't. Is this also valid for the reader, I thought it was just the main unit.

You can erase the background color of the original and prevent the original image on the reverse side of thin originals from appearing on the copies by using[Background Density].

Setting procedure:
    1. Press [Copy] -> [Options] -> [Density].
    2. Press [Background Density] -> [Auto]or [Adjust].
    • If [Auto] is pressed, the exposure of the original image on the reverse side is automatically adjusted.
    • If [Adjust] is pressed, the exposure of the original image on the reverse side can be manually adjusted.

Try manually adjusting by lowering the bar and see if it makes a difference. I've had this problem on an Advanced 8205, so i assume it'll be the same for the 6255 as well.

That's a good suggestion. The customer has said that this has been a recent development, so I immediately thought of the issues I've had with the reader pcbs in the past. I will check that out as weel, at least to see if it does affect anything. Thanks!

Back there today. The device is using uniflo, was able to have a customer sign in long enough to fully test today as well. Density settings did change the output, but not enough, replaced the reader pcb, input specs, works great now.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    advanced 6255 scan/copy

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Back there today. The device is using uniflo, was able to have a customer sign in long enough to fully test today as well. Density settings did change the output, but not enough, replaced the reader pcb, input specs, works great now.
    good find/

but bet u had a connection issue on that Reader Pcb. / seen many flaky connectors on Reader Boards
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**