canon ir 5570 coping lightly, prints from pc are good density and quality

Friends, i am having canon ir 5570 used model
    It copies very light
    I tried
    Toner save off
    Line refinement on
    Copier density highest
    Printer density highest

But when i copy from flatten glass it prints very light text sometimes not redable

But when i print from pc such as pdf it prints too good and of well darkness

Please help me
    I am not a tech person
    How to solve the problem

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: canon ir 5570 coping lightly, prints from pc are good density and quality

Sounds like an issue with the Scanner. If you print internal documents like the P Print in Service Mode and your PC prints come out fine than that's an issue with the scanner. I would suggest you clean the mirrors, optics, platen and CVT glass (The small slit of glass next to the big platen glass). Try those first before you start replacing things. Just remember this, No one wakes up in the morning and says I think I am going to buy a new car today, just because I want to. Usually it is out of warranty, needs repairs so they offload it and get a new one. Same thing goes for copiers, depends on how much you paid, it may need a little TLC (Tender Loving Care) and it could be the best investment you made or could be a bottomless money pit. If you are not comfortable with cleaning the mirrors and the optics, post on here and maybe you can barter with someone in your area to take a quick peek at it. Some of the more experienced techs will post through out the day and give suggestions. I am only giving you info that I have come across in the past.

Hope this helps

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts angelntx's Avatar

After you clean the optics take 10 sheets of clean paper, put it on the glass and perform the CCD adjustment in Service mode. *2&8* (at the same time) Copier>Function>CCD

drshrinivasgavhane

It worked for me thanks

drshrinivasgavhane

Paper jam problem from stack bypass
    It tries to take paper but get jam
    How to solve
    Please help