Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

streaks from leaking toner on Canon C5030

We have a Canon Imagerunner C5030 that is leaving streaks horizontally across the page (letter size) (remember the paper feeds in landscape mode). We get a small amount of seemingly waste toner on top of the yellow developer unit. This is 8" or so from the front of the machine towards the back. The waste toner seems to be OK and we did change the drums. I removed the belt unit and cleaned all the loose toner out of it. Initially it had seemed to be mostly yellow and magenta colored streaks but now it seems to be a mixture of toner colors, which makes it appear to be waste toner. Has anyone run into this before, and have an idea on where the toner is coming from? Usually the streaks will disappear after 10 or so copies, and sometimes be OK for a day but usually in the morning it will do it again.
    I am not very familiar with how the waste toner is transferred to the waste toner cartridge. It would appear to come from the top down onto the yellow developer.
    Any help is appreciated!! I have attached a sample print.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    streaks from leaking toner on Canon C5030

Re: streaks from leaking toner on Canon C5030

Quote Originally Posted by thinkink View Post
    We have a Canon Imagerunner C5030 that is leaving streaks horizontally across the page (letter size) (remember the paper feeds in landscape mode). We get a small amount of seemingly waste toner on top of the yellow developer unit. This is 8" or so from the front of the machine towards the back. The waste toner seems to be OK and we did change the drums. I removed the belt unit and cleaned all the loose toner out of it. Initially it had seemed to be mostly yellow and magenta colored streaks but now it seems to be a mixture of toner colors, which makes it appear to be waste toner. Has anyone run into this before, and have an idea on where the toner is coming from? Usually the streaks will disappear after 10 or so copies, and sometimes be OK for a day but usually in the morning it will do it again.
    I am not very familiar with how the waste toner is transferred to the waste toner cartridge. It would appear to come from the top down onto the yellow developer.
    Any help is appreciated!! I have attached a sample print.
    Looks like the cleaning blade is the problem. If you have some tospearl you could apply a small amount to the transfer belt in the problem area and then push the transfer assembly back into the machine. As the belt runs the tospearl may be able to "clean" the cleaning blade. I have "cleaned" a blade this way before and it worked great. (That blade was no where near its rated end of life. It is still working fine more 60K copies later.) But if your cleaning blade has a lot of miles on it you should just replace it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: streaks from leaking toner on Canon C5030

Thank you very much for the cleaning blade advice! Changed the blade and it works perfect!
    Thank you