Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ubeny

IPF8300 and 8400 Replacement Parts Needed...

Hello All - I am a newbie (times 2) as I am new to this forum but also new to the Canon large format printing and repair world. I have 2 personal printers - IPF8300 and 8400 - in need of repair and I'd like to try my hand at repairing them before start forking over tons of money for the pros. With the help of many of you good folks, I've been able to diagnose a couple of issues I think I can tackle however I'm trying to find the best place to buy replacement parts for the IPF8300 and 8400. Any help would be much appreciated!

Many, many Thanks! -ubeny

Re: IPF8300 and 8400 Replacement Parts Needed...

Hi there, I am new to the site also. I have a pair of 8000s/8100. I know some parts will exchange and have parts manual. what parts are you in need of. I will help if I can

best Darren

ubeny

Thanks for the reply Darren! Long story short, I'm think I might need a few parts actually (not sure of all the part names yet). I bought a used 8400 and dropped it getting it off my truck! Ink went everywhere and broke a few of the plastic pieces including the release lever! Pretty bad drop... thankfully it was on grass or probably would have been a lot worse. I opened it and cleaned it up as best I could but it still had issues... tons of errors. I've been borrowing parts from the 8300 and as of last night, the 8400 looks like it's now stable! Now I have to put the 8300 back together.

No worries, let me know what you need. I can help with pinch arm lever not a problem. If you find the frame is bend I can help with that to. It is definitly worth the extra time to remove the rear spill tanks on these before moving the machine, as they can cause massive spills if you do what you just did. Infact the mental picture I have just drawn in my mind about your situation is an ugly one! I have a complete machine as parts so just keep me posted

Good luck with it. Best wishes, Darren

ubeny

Will do... Thanks Darren!

Hi all, I wonder if someone could shed some light on PCB replacement mode. In the manual it says to start an IPF 8100 in PCB replacement mode, power on while holding down the paper source and info keys and not to release them until you see enitialiizing on the lcd display. I have tryed this with no luck. Also while holding the two mentioned keys you cannot even navigate to the intialize portion of the service menu.
    I have had to order a replacement MB as my original has gone down and was hoping someone would be could enough to help me here.
    Is it is just a matter of plugging in the new board and letting it grab the needed info off of the MC PCB or am I going to have conflicts out of the wazoo

Regards Darren

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    IPF8300 and 8400 Replacement Parts Needed...

Probably you will not follow my advise, but anyway I would suggest:

Fork some money to the pros

Hi V-P, thanks for the reply, I have called canon 3 days ago and they told me the service department would call me back. As of yet I have heard nothing from them. They said they would explain costs and send out a form, I have had nothing from them.

I'm not sure if they would look at it anyway when I tell them I have built the machine. But in answer to your comment, yes I would and am trying to follow your advice.

Is there anyone here that would be interested in helping?

Regards, Darren