Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: canon c2030 bad copy quality

Quote Originally Posted by kei9tha View Post
    Who in their right mind would take the time to pull a laser unit and not clean the inside? i have met some lazy techs but it isn't even a 20 minute job to pull and properly clean those laser units.
    Some Tech's wouldn't want to run the risk of taking the lid off and damaging the optics, if they work for a service company then it's much easier for them to just replace the laser unit and forget about it, instead of trying to explain to the boss that they were cleaning the inside and their fat finger got caught and a mirror or the polygon and cracked it.

sorry about the picture that is not the one i was trying to post here is the proper PG10.
    That PG10 doesn't look too bad to me, I've seen worse.
    Are they talking about prints or photocopies?
    Are they definitely new drums? The 20 series drums do have a tendency to ghost image a bit. What does LF in service mode say?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    canon c2030 bad copy quality

sorry about the picture that is not the one i was trying to post here is the proper PG10.
    =================================
    how are glass copies ??

internal color > on PG10 is ok / a little over saturated , black poor,

a little offset in main scan (front to rear )

Perform a REG-CLR in Service Mode, and then running a Auto Correct Color Mismatch & Full Auto Gradation > in that posted order

lean to laser-----------------------------

run diagnostics
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Quote Originally Posted by Jake2o View Post
    Some Tech's wouldn't want to run the risk of taking the lid off and damaging the optics, if they work for a service company then it's much easier for them to just replace the laser unit and forget about
    True and not true. Only once or twice did i have to clean the inside of the laser, and dozen of times just the glass on the outside, and a handfull of times the mylars in the compartment where stained. So i clean the outside and the mylars first. Only as a last resort do I open the laser. They are not supposed to get dust or toner inside. far less then ON the laserglass, they don't deliver a rod for the users with the printer for nothing...

Oh, and if I go around ordering parts like there's no tomorrow instead of cleaninging them, my boss isn't so happy with me. At the end of the year there's supposed to be some money left from the contract...
    Johan

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JPiek View Post
    True and not true. Only once or twice did i have to clean the inside of the laser, and dozen of times just the glass on the outside, and a handfull of times the mylars in the compartment where stained. So i clean the outside and the mylars first. Only as a last resort do I open the laser. They are not supposed to get dust or toner inside. far less then ON the laserglass, they don't deliver a rod for the users with the printer for nothing...

Oh, and if I go around ordering parts like there's no tomorrow instead of cleaninging them, my boss isn't so happy with me. At the end of the year there's supposed to be some money left from the contract...
    ordering parts is no cost to me or our company. if i do need to order something the company that dropped off the machine will have to pay the bill. they brought the machine to me because none of their guys could fix it. but im in the same boat they are.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    =================================
    how are glass copies ??

internal color > on PG10 is ok / a little over saturated , black poor,

Perform a REG-CLR in Service Mode, and then running a Auto Correct Color Mismatch & Full Auto Gradation > in that posted order

lean to laser-----------------------------

run diagnostics
    glass copies with my color chart are not that bad but not perfect.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

sounds like you checked all the usual suspects, Is there OEM toner installed ?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

That PG10 is interesting. At the top of the sheet you can see the registration is a little odd, also not sure if it's just my monitor here but it looks like the black has a small overlap onto the magenta.

I have a C2230 doing something similar that just underwent a total PM. All of a sudden the registration on all 4 colours is totally out of whack. In our case I think we replaced most of the common parts including laser and the board that drives the laser with no change.

Does the machine work okay black and white only?

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

...if it fails or just seems to get worse: don't forget to clean the patch sensors...
    Johan

Technician

Try doing a pg6 and see if colours are lining up correctly.
    If not, do an auto correct colour mismatch from the adjustment and maintenance settings. I take it you have preformed am auto gradation on the device?