Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon Ir Adv C5240i - UPDATE

hi,

This above machine has been causing me issues now for over 5 weeks, approx 175k colour and 15k mono. I have been onto the Canon Support desk and still the customer is causing me headaches. This is the issue and what has been done.

Customer has been complaining of CQ issues, mostly on halftones/pantones - very light but full colour coverage, pastal sort of colours. (note - customer had a fiery on this machine but got it disconnected as she wasnt happy with the quality she was getting off the rip - using a MAC) - Customer complained of very week, uneven density on the colours. I did the usual, drums, etc. Still wasnt happy, she showed some samples that looked as if it had a slight drum vibration. I replaced the ITB assy, Drums, all 3 colour devs, secondary transfer roller and compression springs and Yellow/Mag laser assy, all this last week.

She has now rang in again with CQ issues, saying that the text on some documents are blurred or not sharp enough and the CQ is not good. Any Test sheets/PG types, all come out spot on. I have showed her sky copies on all colours and the density is perfect. I am loosing sleep on this guys! I have to ring Canon again to get this esculated...any other tips before I ring Canon?

tks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

Re: Canon Ir Adv C5240i - UPDATE

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterTech View Post
    hi,

This above machine has been causing me issues now for over 5 weeks, approx 175k colour and 15k mono. I have been onto the Canon Support desk and still the customer is causing me headaches. This is the issue and what has been done.

Customer has been complaining of CQ issues, mostly on halftones/pantones - very light but full colour coverage, pastal sort of colours. (note - customer had a fiery on this machine but got it disconnected as she wasnt happy with the quality she was getting off the rip - using a MAC) - Customer complained of very week, uneven density on the colours. I did the usual, drums, etc. Still wasnt happy, she showed some samples that looked as if it had a slight drum vibration. I replaced the ITB assy, Drums, all 3 colour devs, secondary transfer roller and compression springs and Yellow/Mag laser assy, all this last week.

She has now rang in again with CQ issues, saying that the text on some documents are blurred or not sharp enough and the CQ is not good. Any Test sheets/PG types, all come out spot on. I have showed her sky copies on all colours and the density is perfect. I am loosing sleep on this guys! I have to ring Canon again to get this esculated...any other tips before I ring Canon?

tks
    Got any samples? Sounds to me like she might just be expecting too much from the machine? What was it like brand new?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

U can't please all customers,
    Had to deal with customers that inspected documents with a jewlers loop.

This is a copy machine , no matter what Canon labels them. It is not a Printing Press.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Exactly, ask yourself this, if YOU look at her copies/prints do YOU feel there is an issue? after all you likely see 100's of these machines & know what to expect from the CQ!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk