Advc5240 mp tray noise

Hi guys
    got a 5240 making vibration sounds when picking up paper from the manual tray.
    cleaned the rollers but does not make much difference, not had this before well not that I can remember, I don't think the manual tray has been used that much as the rollers have new like tread, seems worse when there is only a few sheets in the tray.
    Had noise on other brands when the rollers are dirty and can't grip the paper but that noise is different to this, also doe not jam, any help appreciated.

Cheers
    Les

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: Advc5240 mp tray noise

Quote Originally Posted by madas View Post
    Hi guys
    got a 5240 making vibration sounds when picking up paper from the manual tray.
    cleaned the rollers but does not make much difference, not had this before well not that I can remember, I don't think the manual tray has been used that much as the rollers have new like tread, seems worse when there is only a few sheets in the tray.
    Had noise on other brands when the rollers are dirty and can't grip the paper but that noise is different to this, also doe not jam, any help appreciated.

Cheers
    Les
    I think the 50XX models make a noise also. I have only had one call for that. I greased where ever the shafts were and it took care of it. I think they made new rollers for that in a kit. I have not put the kit in. Some techs report stretching the sep roller spring, some grease on the shaft where it contacts anything. I would try that before the kit. It does not look easy and I saw where one tech could not find the replacement rollers. I tell the customers that is normal. Just like the fuser drive vibration noise.
    TP14 227a vibration noise.pdf
    Last edited by dan7777; 08-03-2016 at 02:41 PM.

Cheers dan I will give it a go.
    Les

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Installed that kit on one high profile customers machine, it did the trick. It wasn't that difficult to install if you're familiar with removing the door.

Cheers roho
    I'm ok with getting the door off, I took a 5035 door with me but alas they the changed the plug lol!
    So for anyone the doors as a whole are not interchangeable!

Thanks for both your comments and the PDF was very helpful.

Les