Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Assistance Scanning Using Canon IR C3200

Purchased a Canon IR C3200 with printer controller. I have installed both the printer driver and the Scangear drivers (Windows 8.1) and connected the device to my network. I am able to print but am unable to scan. Adobe Acrobat recognizes the device as available but returns the following message when I attempt to scan using the device: "Scanner is Offline. Make sure the scanner is online and then click [Retry] to start scanning."

The fans on the printer controller are also unbearably loud. Any way to step down their speed via the Canon device to reduce the noise? I can insert an inline speed controller but was hoping there was another method.

Thank you very much.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: Assistance Scanning Using Canon IR C3200

You need to actually choose the scan key, then there is a screen on the device to go on or offline. It's very old method of push pull scanning.
    There is no way to reduce the noise of the fans on the print server, you don't want to as those servers could crash, these can get very dusty, you need to keep air flowing in that server.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

COLOR NETWORK SCANGEAR MANUAL

http://files.canon-europe.com/files/soft28747/Manual/n821enx.pdf

================================================== ===
    [Windows 64bit] Color Network ScanGear V2.71
    http://support-th.canon-asia.com/contents/TH/EN/0100175011.html
    ================================================== ====

IMPORTANT
    If you are using (Color) Network ScanGear for the first time after installing it, the network scanner to be used must be selected with the ScanGear Tool. The (Color) Network ScanGear driver cannot be started at the same time as the ScanGear Tool.
    If the ScanGear Tool is running, close it.
    ================================================== ======
    (Color) Network ScanGear is started by accessing it from a TWAIN compliant application as follows:
    1. On the imageRUNNER-iR copier, press the Scan button. Press Online.
    2. On the PC, start the TWAIN-compliant application.
    3. In the application, select (Color) Network ScanGear as the scanner to be used. In the application, choose the command that selects a scanner, then select (Color) Network ScanGear in the dialog box that appears. After doing this operation once, there is no need to repeat it.
    4. In the application, choose the command that starts scanning operation (for example, "Scan New" or "Acquire"). The (Color) Network ScanGear Main Window appears. Individual items in this window are explained below.

NOTE:
    See the documentation provided with your software application for commands and procedures used to select (Color) Network ScanGear and start scanning.

The window that appears when (Color)Network ScanGear is opened in an application is called the (Color) Network ScanGear Main Window.

The (Color) Network ScanGear Main Window includes the following items.

================================================== ================================================
    How to keep the imageRUNNER's scanner function (for Network ScanGear or
    Color Network ScanGear) in the 'Online' state even after a shutdown, reboot, or sleep.

* Note: If you do not have a Scan tab on the copier, this will not work.

1. Press Additional Functions.
    2. Select System Settings.
    3. Press the 'Auto Online / Offline' option.
    4. Select 'Auto Online' and turn it 'On'.- You can print without setting the scanner function Offline.
    - You will not be able to push scan to a destination via Universal Send or make copies with the scanner function Online. You will need to turn the scanner function Offline before doing so.

The Auto Offline Feature allows a user to have the Scanner within the imageRUNNER automatically go offline after a certain amount of time.
    This functionality is helpful because other features of the copier may not be enabled while the scanner is online.
    To enable Auto Offline:
    1) Select Additional Functions.
    2) Select System Settings.
    3) Select Auto Offline and set this to On.

To set the time that the machine will automatically go offline (Auto Clear Time):

1) Press Additional Functions.
    2) Select Timer Settings.
    3) Choose Change Auto Clear Time.
    4) Enter the desired time in minutes and select OK. The time ranges from 0 - 9 minutes in one minute increments (0 = off

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Thank you for your help. In following the instructions, I was not successful and got the following messages on the canon display screen as well as the computer screen.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Then when I next tried scanning using Windows Fax and Scan tool (instead of Acrobat), I got the following message.

image.jpg

Any many thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

The Canon is still online and thinks it is scanning.

Did u try turning of �� Firewall_?

Better Option.

The Color Universal Send Kit is an option available for the imageRUNNER C3200.
    Resolution Switching Board-A1 is also REQUIRED for the Universal Send functionality.

The Kit can be ordered through Canon Sales and the item # is 8375A001AA.
    The Color Universal Send Kit can be installed with the Canon Network Print Board-A1 or the imagePASS-C1.
    Color Universal Send allows the imageRUNNER C3200to be used as a shared network scanning station.
    The scanning feature can be accomplished in two ways: "push" scan or "pull" scan. Universal Send is a"push" scan technology, which offers simple operation and overcomes problems of "pull" scan systems.With push scanning, users perform all operations and the C3200, ensuring the job is completed properly.
    Primarily a workgroup scanning solution, Universal Send is ideal for small to midsize departments (under 100 employees).
    After a hard copy document is scanned into the C3200's memory, it can be sent to multiple destinations via several different modes. The Universal Send modes are: E-mail, Internet Fax (I-Fax), Super G3 Fax (optional), File Server/Database, or Mailboxes.
    However, you can only receive I-Fax documents in B/W. The File Formats available are: TIFF, MTIFF, PDF, or JPG.

Next is the old standard, "pull" scan, where a document is placed in the C3200 and then your computer pulls the document into an application such as Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat or Kodak Imaging.

The Color Universal Send Kit also now allows the user to confirm the proper document before sending by using the Send Preview.
    Document editing is not possible in the Preview mode, but users can scroll through multi page docs, delete pages, zoom in and out or cancel the job.
    Last edited by teckat; 08-10-2016 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Did u try turning of �� Firewall_?
    Windows firewall was disabled but I turned off Norton's firewall to see if that works.

When I went to the "Scanner" button on the Canon, it gave me the following message when I pressed the "Online" button: "Cannot shift to the online state."

I tried with Firewall on and off. I had previously set up a firewall rule to allow the Scangear program.

Dumb question - can I print to the IR3200 without the print server?

Quote Originally Posted by djed View Post
    I tried with Firewall on and off. I had previously set up a firewall rule to allow the Scangear program.

Dumb question - can I print to the IR3200 without the print server?
    ========================================

print controller---u mean it has a imagePass C1 connected to rear of printer ??

if so , did u set up network thru it ?

Color imageRUNNER C3200 offers two ways for your customers to print
    to the network:
    1) The Canon-designed Color Network Multi-PDL Printer Kit-A1 or
    2) The imagePASS-C1

Network scanning will be possible if either printing kit is installed.
    only one print solution can be installed

the PDL KIT uses a "N" BOOT ROM ( "C" BOOT ROM is removed, but u keep with printer, then install "N" BOOT & kits UFR Board)
    for the imagePass C1 , it uses the printers original "C" BOOT ROM & C1 Open Interface Board PCB.
    (PCB is included with the imagePASS-C1), installed in the slot on the Main Controller ​underneath the Ethernet PCB

there are different network setups for PDL KIT & C1 Controller
    BOOT ROM location.JPG

I don't recognize either of those print options (A1 or C1).

Hanging off the back of the copier (and attached via cable connectors - one of which goes to the Ethernet port on the copier) is a X3e-01 printer controller.

I have attached pictures (sorry don't know why they are upside down) to illustrate.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by djed View Post
    I don't recognize either of those print options (A1 or C1).

Hanging off the back of the copier (and attached via cable connectors - one of which goes to the Ethernet port on the copier) is a X3e-01 printer controller.

I have attached pictures (sorry don't know why they are upside down) to illustrate.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    ==========================================
    if u are set up properly, u should be able to print out a configuration page

That is a imagePASS C1 Fiery Print Controller-------( C1 Printer Controller box (it's a Model X3e-01)

box is set up this way

Crossover Cable from box to Printer
    Normal Ethernet Cable from box to Printer
    Interface Cable from box to Printer

Did u set up your NETWORK ??
    if not / see the re-set up directions below----follow exactly

imagepass C1 BOX.JPG

1- Remove all connections from C1 Fiery to printer (interface cable-& cross-cable) + unplug it's power cord
    2-Enter Service mode (Additional Functions > 2 & 8 > Additional Functions).
    Select Copier > Option > INT-FACE > IMG-CONT.
    Change this setting from "3" to "0" and press OK.
    Power Cycle off the imageRUNNER.
    3-Before Making any Connections /
    4-Now Power Cycle on the imageRUNNER.
    5-Re-Enter Service mode (Additional Functions > 2 & 8 > Additional Functions).
    Select Copier > Option > INT-FACE > IMG-CONT.
    Change back this setting from "0" to "3" and press OK./now exit from the Service Mode
    6-Now> Turn off the control panel power switch./then Turn off the main power switch.

7-Disconnect the Printer power cable (from the wall/floor outlet).
    8-Next> connect the I/F cable from Fiery to Printer side-
    9-Connect the Cross-Over cable from Fiery to Printer
    10-Connect Network cable from Fiery to wall Network connection
    11-Connect the Fiery Power Cable to wall outlet-
    12-Plug in 3220 Printer power cable to wall outlet
    13-Now Power up 3200 Printer
    14-Follow any OFF/ON prompts if shown on LCD Control panel
    15-Hopefully u should be able to re-due you printer settings

At the Control Panel, press [Printer] tab. Press [Printer Status/Settings].
    At Password prompt-use Fiery.1 then continue with set up

Good Luck / see PDF if needed-
    Attached Images Attached Images