Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

E033 error code in DR-G1100 scanner

Hello,

One of our customer is using DR-G1100 scanner machine. Machine is frequently gives E033 error code (shading motor front). As per the manual i removed the shading motor and realigned the same properly. Then it works for some days. Again the same error appears. Finally i replaced the new motor. Problem came back again after a week. What could be the reason for the frequent error code?

Cheers

Ksutinen

Re: E033 error code in DR-G1100 scanner

Quote Originally Posted by sundakib View Post
    Hello,

One of our customer is using DR-G1100 scanner machine. Machine is frequently gives E033 error code (shading motor front). As per the manual i removed the shading motor and realigned the same properly. Then it works for some days. Again the same error appears. Finally i replaced the new motor. Problem came back again after a week. What could be the reason for the frequent error code?

Cheers

Sundakib,

Have you found a solution for this problem if so can you help me out? I am currently working IT support for a company and we are running into the same issue however we called a local outsourcing support company and they recommended replacing the Canon DR-G1100 Cable Assy, Main drive. So we replaced that cable it worked fine for the past few days and now it has shown up with the error E033 4+ times just in one day. We are not sure if replacing the shading motor will also help just because it sounds like after you replaced the part you are having the same issue as us! Hope to hear back from you.

Thank you!!
    -Kyle

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    E033 error code in DR-G1100 scanner

Re: E033 error code in DR-G1100 scanner

DR G1100 / G1130

E033 Error Code

Error :

E033 Error Code is shown on start up. An E033 is pertaining to the Front Shading Motor which is the Upper Shading Unit.

Workaround :

After replacing the Shading Motor ( MF1-4801-000) the error code continued.
    The problem was that the mechanism for the shading plate was not operating smoothly.
    After cleaning the mechanism the error code went away.

If the code continues you will need to replace the Reader Unit, part number MG1-8138.

E033 error code comes up when the scanner is powered on.
    24v and 5v is observed coming into the Control PCB from the Power Supply.

Workaround :

Check and replace, if necessary, the Main Drive Cable from J112 on the Control PCB to J201 on the Main Drive PCB.

Main Drive Cable Assembly part number: MG1-4827-000

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**