Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thin lines on C5045i

intermittently getting these thin lines on prints on the top and sometimes the bottom, does not do it on p prints.Is worse on the thicker headed paper and is black and also can be yellow and cyan.Have looked on the counters and only thing in high usage is the transfer separation parts counter at 88%. Nothing visual, has had new ITB and external secondary transfer roller,any ideas as I am stumped.
    intermittently getting these thin lines on prints on the top and sometimes the bottom, does not do it on p prints.Is worse on the thicker headed paper and is black a also can be yellow and cyan.Have looked on the counters and only thing in high usage is the transfer separation parts counter at 88%. Nothing visual, has had new ITB and external secondary transfer roller,any ideas as I am stumped.

Re: Thin lines on C5045i

Does it do it when you copy from the glass or just from the document feeder or from the computer?

drum, scanglass or sides of developeroller checked?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Sounds like drum failures from your description. What's the drum lives at? Drum lines do tend to show up on heavier paper first.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babelman View Post
    intermittently getting these thin lines on prints on the top and sometimes the bottom, does not do it on p prints.Is worse on the thicker headed paper and is black and also can be yellow and cyan.Have looked on the counters and only thing in high usage is the transfer separation parts counter at 88%. Nothing visual, has had new ITB and external secondary transfer roller,any ideas as I am stumped.
    intermittently getting these thin lines on prints on the top and sometimes the bottom, does not do it on p prints.Is worse on the thicker headed paper and is black a also can be yellow and cyan.Have looked on the counters and only thing in high usage is the transfer separation parts counter at 88%. Nothing visual, has had new ITB and external secondary transfer roller,any ideas as I am stumped.
    Just got back from a 5051 call that was the cleaning blade. I had the cleaning unit so I replaced the whole thing. Would not always do it until over 25 copies. Then sometimes would be yellow and magenta or cyan then would clear up a few pages later. First time I took out the ITB unit it was clean. Second time I could tell it was not cleaning. Blade was yellow, new blade was clear. Usually if I run auto gradation the first copy shows streaks it is what color streak as drum. I get 100-175% on drums usually. But the ITB blade being bad you could think it was a drum.

Quote Originally Posted by Helpdeskforum View Post
    drum, scanglass or sides of developeroller checked?
    Hi
    they happen on print jobs not copies,I was given some advice and did a SKY copy and fed blanks sheets through the ADF and was fine for a few hours and now back, sometimes its colour and sometimes just black.?? Baffled, drums units?

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Sounds like drum failures from your description. What's the drum lives at? Drum lines do tend to show up on heavier paper first.
    They have plenty left, but the guy before me loved playing around service mode

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    Just got back from a 5051 call that was the cleaning blade. I had the cleaning unit so I replaced the whole thing. Would not always do it until over 25 copies. Then sometimes would be yellow and magenta or cyan then would clear up a few pages later. First time I took out the ITB unit it was clean. Second time I could tell it was not cleaning. Blade was yellow, new blade was clear. Usually if I run auto gradation the first copy shows streaks it is what color streak as drum. I get 100-175% on drums usually. But the ITB blade being bad you could think it was a drum.
    I fitted new belt and cleaner a while ago