Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Canon CEXV11/12 (IR2270 series, IR3225 series) drum unit snapping

Hi all

Thanks for reading.

Like many of you we fit drum cylinders and drum blades as and when needed.

This has been no problem for years but recently we have had a fair few (5 or so) Archimedes screws break (the bit that takes the waste toner out of the cleaning unit and into the waste bottle) inside the drum unit requiring full unit replacement.

The only time I've seen this in the past is when the waste is full and not emptied but the waste bottles on the machines which snap the Archimedes screws are empty.

Question-has anyone else had this same problem and what was the cause?

If you fit an entire unit every time you probably never have come across this issue.

Many thanks

Mark in England

Technician

Post Re: Canon CEXV11/12 (IR2270 series, IR3225 series) drum unit snapping

That's 5 on 5 different customers by the way not 5 in one location.

Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon CEXV11/12 (IR2270 series, IR3225 series) drum unit snapping

Re: Canon CEXV11/12 (IR2270 series, IR3225 series) drum unit snapping

Yes I have, great care needs to be taken when these are taken apart. its a small hole and you have to get the screw back down in place all of the way. However, my testing did not last long with these. I tried some of the best drums from japan in these units and my problem was a loud rubbing noise. Twice The drum would make too much noise even with powder. Some experimenting showed that I could remove a OEM drum and clean it, reinstall and get great performance with no blade failure. Same thing with another OEM drum transfered to an old unit with an old blade. No problem! I also remember the blade being more difficult here than GPR 6 drums of which I had success changing blades and drums. During testing I also concluded that my blades were too thick but since the Japan drums would not cooperate on gently used blades that were lubed...I quit doing it.

I think others have experienced similar problems with rebuilding these.

Technician

Re: Canon CEXV11/12 (IR2270 series, IR3225 series) drum unit snapping

Quote Originally Posted by techandtrader View Post
    Yes I have, great care needs to be taken when these are taken apart. its a small hole and you have to get the screw back down in place all of the way. However, my testing did not last long with these. I tried some of the best drums from japan in these units and my problem was a loud rubbing noise. Twice The drum would make too much noise even with powder. Some experimenting showed that I could remove a OEM drum and clean it, reinstall and get great performance with no blade failure. Same thing with another OEM drum transfered to an old unit with an old blade. No problem! I also remember the blade being more difficult here than GPR 6 drums of which I had success changing blades and drums. During testing I also concluded that my blades were too thick but since the Japan drums would not cooperate on gently used blades that were lubed...I quit doing it.

I think others have experienced similar problems with rebuilding these.

MANY THANKS

I think the issue could possibly be the Archimedes screw not being fully in the hole at the end of the black cover which goes over it.

Mauve not had issues with DCB's but I do always powder the blade and powder the drum as well.

Thanks once again.

Mark