Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

How to change density in iRC2380?

Hello,

My iRC2380 is printing abit lightly and I want to change the default density so I don't have to increase density every time I copy..

I was able to open the setting menu by pressing 8 and 2 buttons and the function key but where should I go and do from there??

Thanks,

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    How to change density in iRC2380?

Re: How to change density in iRC2380?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramicoo View Post
    Hello,

My iRC2380 is printing abit lightly and I want to change the default density so I don't have to increase density every time I copy..

I was able to open the setting menu by pressing 8 and 2 buttons and the function key but where should I go and do from there??

Thanks,
    ================================================== ===============================

Time to purchase a manual for product

did u do the required maintenance checks for poor density

there are over one hundred adjustments in service mode for DENSITY

In 30 years of service on Color products I usually stayed away from any DENSITY adjustments in service mode / only went there if printer was in a cave or exposed to open air (on a construction site.

The machine measures the toner image formed on the ITB using the patch image read sensor, and supplies
    the drum unit so that the density will be identical to the target density.

The machine uses D-max control to limit changes in the image density possibly occurring as the result of
    deterioration of the photosensitive drum or toner. The image density is corrected on the printer side.
    Color D-max is density correction of colors (Y, M, C), while black D-max is density correction of Bk.

The machine uses the same developing bias for all colors (a design consideration made to facilitate work at the factory), not being
    able to vary the developing bias for individual colors. To work around the fact, the machine corrects the density
    of individual colors (Y, M, C). It, however, varies the developing bias for Bk as in previous machines.

Stick with the LEVEL 1 procedure below

for info purposes pnly
    SERVICE MODE LEVEL 2----COPIER>ADJUST>V-CONT

VCONT-Y/K Adjust the image contract electric potential.

Use this item for low/high density. Since the same high pressure is used for Y, M, and C,
    adjusting VCONT-Y will also adjust M and C.
    Adjustment range: -5 to 5 (Unit: 10V)
    [Factory setting value/Value after RAM clear: 0]
    Attention:
    Setting a larger value increases density. Note that the adjustment is made to all Y, M, and C.
    Be sure not to use this item in normal operation.

VBACK-Y/K Adjust the image contract electric potential.
    Use this item for low/high density. Since the same high pressure is used for Y, M, and C,
    adjusting VCONT-Y will also adjust M and C.
    Adjustment range: -5 to 5 (Unit: 10V)
    Attention:
    Setting a larger value increases density. Note that the adjustment is made to all Y, M, and C.
    Be sure not to use this item in normal operation.
    ================================================== ===========================================
    COPIER>ADJUST>COLOR---------------LEVEL 1

ADJ-Y/M/C/K=Adjust the color balance of Y/M/C/K colors for users.
    Change the default value of the color balance when the output density varies by
    machine. Setting a larger value increases density. Setting a smaller value decreases
    density.
    Setting range: -8 to 8
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**