Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Canon IPF8300 error 03130031-260E

I have 8300 with this error code - 03130031-260E. Left head is replaced before 8 days, firmware is 1.26 and plotter does not want to load roll. I already tried with different roll sizes but same. Sometimes (1 of 10 times) plotter load roll without any problem. Any help to resolve this situation? I already change in 4 years 6 printheads and never have any other problems except defective printheads.

Technician

Re: Canon IPF8300 error 03130031-260E

Anyone?

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

sound a litte like either a sensor error or maybe some sniped of paper somewhere in the paper path ?
    Johan

Technician

I don't think sniped paper is the problem, it is used only for canvas printing! Do i need to change mainboard or only multisensor?

I'n not to familiar with the Canon plotters, did repair some HP plotters...

Found something i think ;

Canon imagePROGAF IPF6300: cannot feed paper
    Hardware error.
    03130031-260E
    Turn off printer, wait, then turn on again.
    03130031-260E Gap detection error, Check the carriage unit and surrounding parts.
    Replace the main controller PCB.

Found manual here:
    Canon IPF8000 series Service Manual (Page 271 of 282)
    Johan

you could try this first :

) Action to take after replacing the carriage unit and the multi sensor Because the distance between the multi sensor (in the carriage unit) and the nozzles (in each printhead) is varied from one unit to another, the printer has its optical
    axis corrected and paper gap adjustment sensor gain and sensor calibration adjusted prior to shipment. When the carriage unit or multi sensor has been replaced,
    they should require adjustment.
    Execute service mode under the following conditions to launch automatic adjustment:
    1) Optical axis correction
    - Service mode: SERVICE MODE > ADJUST > PRINT PATTERN > OPTICAL AXIS
    Media type: Gloss photo paper
    2) Paper gap adjustment
    - Service mode: SERVICE MODE > ADJUST > GAP CALIB
    Johan

Technician

When I try to print PRINT PATTERN > OPTICAL AXIS I get message multisensor error ! Is it dificult to change multi sensor?

Technician

How to change multi sensor? On service manual there is only described to how to remove carriage unit. I think maybe there is problem with flat cable because sometimes plotter recognize canvas size. Maybe some one have electric diagram fron this unit?

Technician

Anyone?

ubeny

Hi - I recently started learning how to work on these machines for my hobby/side business and in the process I learned that replacing the multi sensor on this machine is really not that difficult. You just have to be careful and take your time. The multi sensor is located on the left side of the carriage unit. Of course to work on it, you'll need to get it free and toward the center of the printer and the printer needs to be unplugged.

Now, looking at the left side of the carriage unit, you'll see 6 tubes carrying ink to the L printhead. If you carefully slide them to your right and look behind them, (remove the blue printhead carriage cover and move it out of the way to help make moving the tubes easier) you'll see 2 screws labeled 1 and 2. I remove those then around on the left side of the carriage, you'll see another one labeled 3 sitting on the metal plate... so remove that one also and sit them to the side. You should now notice that that section of the carriage unit is very loose.

Now, being very careful, disconnect the yellow wire (carriage cover sensor I think) and remove that section out of the way.

Now again looking around on the left side of the carriage unit towards the bottom, you see a single silver screw. That screw holds the multi sensor onto the carriage unit. Remove that screw and the multi sensor unit falls right off.

The last and perhaps most critical part is to carefully slide the flat ribbon cable from the sensor and now it's free to be replaced.

Just reverse directions to reassemble.

I know it might seem like a lot but believe me, being careful you can probably do it in less than 10 min the first time.

By the way, I don't mind taking pics and adding them if that'll help you/someone!