Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IXC MF6550 wit alternating h display error messages

Thumbs up IXC MF6550 wit alternating h display error messages

Image class MF6550. Had left door close issue. Had to remove drum shield.
    Contact spring on contact spring unit at top bent. Took apart. Also fuser due
    to broken actuator which was replaced. Have removed fuser many times
    before so aware of all that needs to be done to properly remove and install.

Had removed contact spring unit by removing dc controller and spring unit
    guide. The 2 black gears on front lower left of machine were misplaced and had to
    order. Tried to reform upper spring in contact unit as new one ordered but on back order.
    Replaced 2 black gears.

Now when machine is turned get alternating display with regular screen, then screen
    that says load paper cassette 1, then says output tray full, then days paper jam...open left cover.

When first turn on says initializing and machine diagram shows red lite for paper cassette and red circle.

Any help is appreciated. I kmnow it is something that I did. Frank/ Action Photocopy

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IXC MF6550 wit alternating h display error messages

Thumbs up Re: IXC MF6550 wit alternating h display error messages

I went over my steps and there was a connector on dc controller board that was not in all the way.

I am back to original problem which is that customer called about not being able to close left side door
    after replacing toner cartridge. It looked as thought the piece that pushes back the drum shield was
    broken. I had to remove the shield from cartridge. I then installed , closed door and ran copy. It was
    all black.

I used the other cartridge which was replaced and got same thing. I think that this has
    to do with the spring contact unit on right of cartridge , perhaps one of springs not making proper contact.
    Please help if you can. Gave customer loaner(1025F) but it has been a week. Frank