Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Black Toner Printing Light - Imagepress C1

What might cause just the black to be printing light on an Imagepress C1? I have some spare process units which I have swapped out, but they have no change in the lightness.

I had some heavy solids and there were some lines that were caused by the toner not distributing evenly in the process unit roller, perhaps something got caught. I was able to eliminate the lines, but now the black is printing light.

It happened right after I swapped out the process units. I changed 2 of the other colors (cyan and yellow), and they print fine. Just the black is light.

Just wondering what some potential causes might be so I can narrow down the cause.

Thank You.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Black Toner Printing Light - Imagepress C1

Quote Originally Posted by victoryprinting View Post
    What might cause just the black to be printing light on an Imagepress C1? I have some spare process units which I have swapped out, but they have no change in the lightness.

I had some heavy solids and there were some lines that were caused by the toner not distributing evenly in the process unit roller, perhaps something got caught. I was able to eliminate the lines, but now the black is printing light.

It happened right after I swapped out the process units. I changed 2 of the other colors (cyan and yellow), and they print fine. Just the black is light.

Just wondering what some potential causes might be so I can narrow down the cause.

Thank You.
    --------------------------------

did u mess with any settings-----

check this setting

COPIER> ADJUST> COLOR> ADJ-K-----------make sure it is set to
    a positive
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    --------------------------------

did u mess with any settings-----

check this setting

COPIER> ADJUST> COLOR> ADJ-K-----------make sure it is set to
    a positive

They are all at zero.

But the strange thing is: when I started the C1 up the next day, the colors were amazingly brilliant - just like before I had the problem. Same settings, same file from the RIP. Perhaps it needed a good night's rest like me!

The only other thing that I would like to inquire about is this:
    On the copy, there are tiny spots K-C-M-Y spaced 1/4 inch apart. The series of 4 dots repeat at about the same length as the diameter as the drum. Would these dots be coming from the same flaw on the drum?

The Four Dot Marks reproduced on prints are a result of foreign object in the Developing Assembly, Drum Cleaning Assembly and in some cases, the Image Scan Patch Sensor.

The four dot marks can usually be resolved by vacuuming the Developer Assemblies, Cleaning Assemblies and opening and cleaning the Image Scan Patch Sensor.

See PDF on Color Dots and Marks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhtpnzq97x...34082.pdf?dl=0

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The Four Dot Marks reproduced on prints are a result of foreign object in the Developing Assembly, Drum Cleaning Assembly and in some cases, the Image Scan Patch Sensor.

The four dot marks can usually be resolved by vacuuming the Developer Assemblies, Cleaning Assemblies and opening and cleaning the Image Scan Patch Sensor.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhtpnzq97x...34082.pdf?dl=0

Thank you so much for that helpful PDF. That is exactly what I am experiencing.

Just two more question before I dive into the C1.
    1. Would the drum be damaged to the point of needing to be replaced, or might the procedures for cleaning possibly be sufficient to resolve the dots?
    2. It references replacing the start developer instead of replacing the developing assemblies. I see starter toner online all the time and was never quite sure of their purpose. Would I replace the toner contents in the developer assemblies with the starter toner? I can see that my yellow developer assembly is getting contaminated with other colors - even printing a solid yellow comes out mustard-colored, so a change of that is in order for sure.

The starter developer already has small amount of toner mixed in , you follow procedure for developer change in MANUAL.

I hated doing this on this model.
    At high end customers, we used to order the dev units, because of time and location of printer.

You need to inspect drum if spots are not moving.

See link or see message on starter change.

Performing a Developer Change on the imagePRESS C1 or imagePRESS C1+/ Revised

Performing a Developer Change on the imagePRESS C1 or imagePRESS C1+/ Revised
    Performing a Developer Change on the imagePRESS C1 or imagePRESS C1+

Publication has been revised to correct the procedure for Developer Replacement /see page six in pdf.

NOTE:
    DO NOT perform INISET or INIT after replacing the Starter of the Developing Assembly. If INISET or INIT is performed, the initial value of the toner density signal will be set with erroneous data due to staining that occurs on the surface of the ATR Sensor.
    The ONLY time to perform INISET or INIT on the imagePRESS C1 / imagePRESS C1+ Series is when the ATR Sensor Unit, and the Developing Assemblies (or the starters) are replaced at the same time.

iPRC1_C1+_Developer Change.pdf

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/...b-d43ace1c138b

[QUOTE=victoryprinting;532363]What might cause just the black to be printing light on an Imagepress C1? I have some spare process units which I have swapped out, but they have no change in the lightness.

It happened right after I swapped out the process units. I changed 2 of the other colors (cyan and yellow), and they print fine. Just the black is lig

Hola les saluda Willian desde Lima-Peru, espero puedan ayudarme con ese mismo problema, dots in drum (puntos de colores), se aspiro developers unit, drum unit, tóner, así mismo se procedió a cambiar seals, drum new, Blade,4 developers, volvió a dañarse el Drum en 900 impresiones, espero de su ayuda, gracias y saludos.

Dropbox - Link not found
    Hola, el PDF ya no está disponible

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CANONNEW View Post
    Hola, el PDF ya no está disponible
    Of course not.Link is from 2016.
    Last edited by zoraldinho; 10-04-2018 at 10:46 AM.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself