Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

C3380 Bypass Problem

The bypass on my Canon c3380i will not feed any type of paper thru it, when it did work, you could hear the mechanism, but now it barely make a sound when it tries to feed the sheet. I opened the side and looked and saw a shaft with a rubber belt that looked loose and you could lift the left side of the shaft up about .25 of an inch. any thoughts anyone? thanks Robert.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C3380 Bypass Problem

Re: C3380 Bypass Problem

Quote Originally Posted by The clk man View Post
    The bypass on my Canon c3380i will not feed any type of paper thru it, when it did work, you could hear the mechanism, but now it barely make a sound when it tries to feed the sheet. I opened the side and looked and saw a shaft with a rubber belt that looked loose and you could lift the left side of the shaft up about .25 of an inch. any thoughts anyone? thanks Robert.

did you remove the unit to inspect ???? are u a tech ????

The multi-pickup roller starts to rotate when the manual pickup clutch (CL5) goes on to start upper separation to pick up a single sheet of paper. When the leading
    edge of the sheet reaches the pre-registration sensor (PS7) and is moved a specific distance, the manual pickup clutch goes off, causing the sheet to arch in the
    registration roller area.
    When the registration clutch (CL6) goes on, the manual feed pickup clutch (CL5) once again goes on to pick up paper. The manual feed pickup clutch (CL5) goes
    off immediately before the trailing edge of paper moves past the manual feed pickup roller; thereafter, the registration roller serves to pull off the paper.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I haven't yet but plan to in the am. The bypass will feed if you help the sheet through with your hand, I thought maybe the first feed roller might be wore out, it felt smooth to the touch. I appreciate any thoughts on this matter.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C3380 Bypass Problem

hi,

get this alot especially on older machines, if you look at the bottom of the door on the inside by the hinge, you will see a self tapper screw, large head on it, they come loose, tighten and it will then tighten the hinge to the door again, always that screw especially if its making a grinding noise, if you cant find it, just tighten any screw you see, you might find the screw will not tighten, i carry plumbing tape to make the screw "fatter". hope it helps, sorry no pics

Thomasedison

Renew it. It is also cheaper . Or look at my profile. Will find detailed instructions there

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C3380 Bypass Problem

If you apply force to the lower right area of the door and it works chances are the screw thread is stripped

Last edited by skynet; 09-21-2016 at 03:09 PM.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C3380 Bypass Problem

These solutions might fix it but some doors where defective right out of the box. I know because I got to setup a couple. There is a tech pub or article about needing to replace the whole door due to warpage or manufacture fail. Over the years I have seen many replace hinges and everything only to replace the whole door to finish it.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C3380 Bypass Problem

Quote Originally Posted by techandtrader View Post
    These solutions might fix it but some doors where defective right out of the box. I know because I got to setup a couple. There is a tech pub or article about needing to replace the whole door due to warpage or manufacture fail. Over the years I have seen many replace hinges and everything only to replace the whole door to finish it.

all techs hate that door from the beginning of this series production/

customers also do damage (slamming closed >>> they pay )
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

where would I be able to get the whole door reasonably priced if the adjustment stated above doesn't work?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

all techs hate that door from the beginning of this series production/

customers also do damage (slamming closed >>> they pay )
    It almost sounds like you enjoyed typing that.