Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Canon IR Adv 8295 PRO - E060-0001

Hi all,
    I have this machine that is giving this error more and more frequently. In the past, I just removed the Primary and Pre-transfer charging units and cleaned - the error would disappear when putting them back into the machine.
    Now this is not working, I have cleaned the sensor(PS94) which is what the manual indicates but no luck. Even replaced the Primary charging unit but that hasn't worked either.

Anyone come across this error before? The machine is in a very dusty environment so my thoughts were possibly bad contacts or dry joints??

Any help would be very much appreciated

Ben

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR Adv 8295 PRO - E060-0001

Re: Canon IR Adv 8295 PRO - E060-0001

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin98 View Post
    Hi all,
    I have this machine that is giving this error more and more frequently. In the past, I just removed the Primary and Pre-transfer charging units and cleaned - the error would disappear when putting them back into the machine.
    Now this is not working, I have cleaned the sensor(PS94) which is what the manual indicates but no luck. Even replaced the Primary charging unit but that hasn't worked either.

Anyone come across this error before? The machine is in a very dusty environment so my thoughts were possibly bad contacts or dry joints??

Any help would be very much appreciated

Ben
    =================================================

E060-0001 and the Primary Corona Assembly (1st Corona Assembly) has been replaced.

It is observed that the shutter will drive out of home position, but it will not drive back to home position. In I/O mode P003 bit 15 is always indicating 1 even when the shutter is not at home. Note the I/O should be 1 when in home position and 0 when not at home position.

Workaround :
    The solution was to replace the Primary Charging Shutter Sensor (PS94). The part number for PS94 is WG8-5848-000.

================================================

The Connectors for the Developer and the Buffer Unit have the same number of wires (6).
    These connectors can be mistakenly swapped when trouble shooting any issues with the Developer.

By swapping the connectors, it may damage the DC Controller PCB and or the Main Driver PCB. In this case the DC Controller was replaced and fixed the E060-0001.

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Re: Canon IR Adv 8295 PRO - E060-0001

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    =================================================

E060-0001 and the Primary Corona Assembly (1st Corona Assembly) has been replaced.

It is observed that the shutter will drive out of home position, but it will not drive back to home position. In I/O mode P003 bit 15 is always indicating 1 even when the shutter is not at home. Note the I/O should be 1 when in home position and 0 when not at home position.

Workaround :
    The solution was to replace the Primary Charging Shutter Sensor (PS94). The part number for PS94 is WG8-5848-000.

================================================

The Connectors for the Developer and the Buffer Unit have the same number of wires (6).
    These connectors can be mistakenly swapped when trouble shooting any issues with the Developer.

By swapping the connectors, it may damage the DC Controller PCB and or the Main Driver PCB. In this case the DC Controller was replaced and fixed the E060-0001.

Hi, All.

My there,my Machine got the same error (Canon IR Adv 8295 PRO-E060-0001). Does anyone here can fix it and what is the root cause of this issue.

very appreciate if anyone can help for fix it.