Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    E021-0001 Imagepress C1 Error Code

Here is what I found for the code:

E021-0001. The developing rotary HP failed to be detected.
    There is a fault in the developing rotary HP sensor or the wiring of the DC controller PCB. Or the motor rotates outs of sync because of poor torque by excess load on the developing assembly.
    Clean the HP sensor. After replacing, turn off and then on the main power.

------

When I was running a job, it was printing in color. Then mid-run, the color dropped out and it printed in B&W. Then after a few copies in B&W, it was just outputting blank pages. I replaced the HP sensor - no effect. I even replaced the entire developer rotary assembly with a spare and I get the same error. When the machine is turned on, I can tell that the sequence of the startup is not what it should be. Then I get the error code. I tried to Part-Check the motor #4 for the developer assembly, but I think since the machine did not start up, the part checks are not working. I even tried some of the fans that I know work and I get NG! after the part check. This has been one of the more challenging things for me on this machine. Any thoughts? Possibly the motor or perhaps some gear that is wearing out?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: E021-0001 Imagepress C1 Error Code

Restarting the printer repeatedly may cause the blowout of the Fuse on the Rotary Control Circuit Assembly
    of the Rear Driver PCB Assembly
    new part
    New Rear Driver PCB (
    FM2-7732-010) --------------------check fuses or replace pcb with new part pcb 010

Fuse FU601 is being replaced by the Beads Inductor-------Canon pub 2008
    ================================================== ================================================== ===
    also
    Check that connector J60 on the accessory power supply side on the lower left hand side of the copier is plugged in. If unplugged reconnect (See photo.)

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

Restarting the printer repeatedly may cause the blowout of the Fuse on the Rotary Control Circuit Assembly
    of the Rear Driver PCB Assembly
    new part
    New Rear Driver PCB (
    FM2-7732-010) --------------------check fuses or replace pcb with new part pcb 010

Fuse FU601 is being replaced by the Beads Inductor-------Canon pub 2008
    ================================================== ================================================== ===
    also
    Check that connector J60 on the accessory power supply side on the lower left hand side of the copier is plugged in. If unplugged reconnect (See photo.)

Quick question: When you reference the lower left hand side, which side are you facing? I took the back panels off, but perhaps it is on the feed end of the copier? I could not find a location reference for the Rear Driver PCB in my manuals.

now called Backside Driver PCB//does not show fuse

located behind the Main Controller PCB cage.

E021-0001 : due to faulty rotary HP sensor (PS21)
    imagePRESS C1 (Printer) / imagePRESS C1 / Color Image Reader-H1 / imagePRESS C1+ (Printer) / imagePRESS C1+
    [ Case in the field ]
    Description
    In the field, altough the developing rotary rotated, but due to faulty rotary HP sensor (P21) attached in the rear side of P kit assembly, E021-0001 was
    displayed.
    - E021-0001 can be displayed when the developing rotary HP cannot be detected because of the rotary HP sensor error, incorrect wiring of the DC controller
    PCB, or lack of torque due to excess load to the developing assembly.
    Field Remedy
    1. Enter Service Mode > COPIER > I/O > DC-CON > P002, check whether the bit8 change "0" and "1" when rotary rotates. In the case, it kept in "0" without
    changing.
    2. If bit8 doesn't change, clean the rotary HP sensor and refit connector J208.
    3. Refit the connector J3802/J3810 of the backside driver PCB assembly.
    4. Refit the connector J1198 of the DC Controller PCB.
    5. If the symptom still occurs, replace rotary HP sensor with a new one.
    [Reference] The sensor used in rotary HP sensor is the same as sensor used in toner supply detection sensor (PS68 to PS 71). Before replacement, to determine
    whether the sensor can properly work or not, switch with one of those sensors.
    FK2-0149 PHOTO-INTERRUPTER.

rear driver pcb.jpg

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

now called Backside Driver PCB//does not show fuse

located behind the Main Controller PCB cage.

E021-0001 : due to faulty rotary HP sensor (PS21)
    imagePRESS C1 (Printer) / imagePRESS C1 / Color Image Reader-H1 / imagePRESS C1+ (Printer) / imagePRESS C1+
    [ Case in the field ]
    Description
    In the field, altough the developing rotary rotated, but due to faulty rotary HP sensor (P21) attached in the rear side of P kit assembly, E021-0001 was
    displayed.
    - E021-0001 can be displayed when the developing rotary HP cannot be detected because of the rotary HP sensor error, incorrect wiring of the DC controller
    PCB, or lack of torque due to excess load to the developing assembly.
    Field Remedy
    1. Enter Service Mode > COPIER > I/O > DC-CON > P002, check whether the bit8 change "0" and "1" when rotary rotates. In the case, it kept in "0" without
    changing.
    2. If bit8 doesn't change, clean the rotary HP sensor and refit connector J208.
    3. Refit the connector J3802/J3810 of the backside driver PCB assembly.
    4. Refit the connector J1198 of the DC Controller PCB.
    5. If the symptom still occurs, replace rotary HP sensor with a new one.
    [Reference] The sensor used in rotary HP sensor is the same as sensor used in toner supply detection sensor (PS68 to PS 71). Before replacement, to determine
    whether the sensor can properly work or not, switch with one of those sensors.
    FK2-0149 PHOTO-INTERRUPTER.

I pulled a spare backside driver PCB and will install it on my C1. It does not have fuses on it. Are there fuses somewhere else I should check? I am also having a hard time locating the plug you said to make sure was plugged in. Thanks so much for your assistance!

Quote Originally Posted by victoryprinting View Post
    I pulled a spare backside driver PCB and will install it on my C1. It does not have fuses on it. Are there fuses somewhere else I should check? I am also having a hard time locating the plug you said to make sure was plugged in. Thanks so much for your assistance!

Fuse was removed on board & replaced with an inductor.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Fuse was removed on board & replaced with an inductor.
    Back up and running! I replaced the board from my spare parts copier. I appreciate your knowledge and prompt responses to the site. I just made an additional donation to Copytechnet.com to help pay the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by victoryprinting View Post
    Back up and running! I replaced the board from my spare parts copier. I appreciate your knowledge and prompt responses to the site. I just made an additional donation to Copytechnet.com to help pay the bills.

Welcome, :-))