Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts blackdog's Avatar

IR2535 scan solution

Myself and IT people are having a bitch of a time trying to setup scan to network.
    Network printing is up and running fine.
    IT seems to think I need a Y-1kit. I thought this kit was for scan to email.
    I've looked at past posts with no positive results.
    Is there a simple solution to this issue from hell?
    Have had no issue with other Canon models Scan to Network.
    Thank you

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR2535 scan solution

Re: IR2535 scan solution

Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    Myself and IT people are having a bitch of a time trying to setup scan to network.
    Network printing is up and running fine.
    IT seems to think I need a Y-1kit. I thought this kit was for scan to email.
    I've looked at past posts with no positive results.
    Is there a simple solution to this issue from hell?
    Have had no issue with other Canon models Scan to Network.
    Thank you

--------------------------
    Network Scanning
    The Remote Scan function enables you to use the machine as a conventional scanner. You can scan a document using the machine, and
    read the data in a TWAIN-compliant application on your computer. To use this function, the machine must be connected to an IPv4 network
    and the Color Network ScanGear* must be installed on your computer.
    (See the Network ScanGear Guide.)

================================================== =======================================

Sending*
    The Send function enables you to send scanned image or document data to file servers or USB memory media or by e-mail or I-fax.
    The function supports a variety of file formats, including TIFF, JPEG, and PDF (with some variants) for either black-and-white or color scans.
    (The available file formats vary depending on the modes selected and the machine configuration.)
    These file formats offer you greater flexibility in accommodating digital workplace environments.
    (See the Sending and Facsimile Guide.)

* The Send function is available only when the Color Send Kit-Y1 (optional for the imageRUNNER 2545/
    2535/2530/2525/2520) is activated.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts blackdog's Avatar

Re: IR2535 scan solution

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    --------------------------
    Network Scanning
    The Remote Scan function enables you to use the machine as a conventional scanner. You can scan a document using the machine, and
    read the data in a TWAIN-compliant application on your computer. To use this function, the machine must be connected to an IPv4 network
    and the Color Network ScanGear* must be installed on your computer.
    (See the Network ScanGear Guide.)

================================================== =======================================

Sending*
    The Send function enables you to send scanned image or document data to file servers or USB memory media or by e-mail or I-fax.
    The function supports a variety of file formats, including TIFF, JPEG, and PDF (with some variants) for either black-and-white or color scans.
    (The available file formats vary depending on the modes selected and the machine configuration.)
    These file formats offer you greater flexibility in accommodating digital workplace environments.
    (See the Sending and Facsimile Guide.)

* The Send function is available only when the Color Send Kit-Y1 (optional for the imageRUNNER 2545/
    2535/2530/2525/2520) is activated.

A simple solution for a simple Tech.
    THANK YOU