Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts nekowaiidesu's Avatar

MF TOOLBOX 4.9.1.1 & Windows 10 (Issues since 29/09 update?)

Hi all,

I have a client who uses an iSensys 8280cdw on network. She's using Windows 10 and has the updates enabled. She was away but one of the other employees said the issue started around a week ago despite them only reporting it today. I found that there was a Windows 10 update on 29 September 2016 and wonder if that has created the issue.

As is there are problems with Canon IJ ScanGear and MFToolbox on Windows 10, but the scanner worked before some time last week.

I've been trying to find fixes. There are lots of older posts about incompatibilities, in particular a thread on Canon website with 29 pages of people trying to fix this issue - I've tried most or all of those fixes and none have helped.

I also noticed this person has reported their scanner does not work since the 29/09 patch.

[]Object moved

Anyone else experienced this? Any issues since that 29/09 patch, in particular with TWAIN drivers and mftoolbox 4.9.1.1

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: MF TOOLBOX 4.9.1.1 & Windows 10 (Issues since 29/09 update?)

Guess u probably did this below

Start> in the run box type. Services.msc

Scroll down to Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

Right click, select Properties

Check that Startup type is set to Automatic

Click Log On Tab

Check that Local System account , and Allow service to interact with desktop is checked. Hit apply.

Click Recovery...Click on window next to First Failure, Scroll to Restart the Service. Hit apply.

================================================== ============

if that don't work

uninstall Canon Drivers & MF Toolbox- re-boot

than re-install drivers and Toolbox

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/color-laser/mf8280cw
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts nekowaiidesu's Avatar

Aye thank I saw that on the Canon forum. Seems that it worked for a lot of people, but those posts are mostly dated back to 2015. Tried but no cigar. There was another person who suggested adding the TWAIN directory path into the Windows system Environment Viariables, tried this too but no improvements.

I've checked firewall exceptions, rules, turned off firewall, reinstalled drivers, reboots, etc etc. Haven't yet tried 'clean booting' - Will give this a try, but I am highly skeptical that it is a 3rd party process causing the problem. As far as I know (which may not be too far lol) the client has not installed anything new besides the 29/09 windows 10 update which is why I suspect that patch may be the culprit.

On Monday I'm going to try get them at least scanning over USB with the WIA driver for the time being. Hoping that I'm not the only one experiencing this and maybe the Canon / Microsoft forums will have a flood of angry users looking for answers in the next few weeks.

If anyone else has had this problem, especially since 29/09, I'd be interested to know.

Thanks again

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nekowaiidesu View Post
    Aye thank I saw that on the Canon forum. Seems that it worked for a lot of people, but those posts are mostly dated back to 2015. Tried but no cigar. There was another person who suggested adding the TWAIN directory path into the Windows system Environment Viariables, tried this too but no improvements.

I've checked firewall exceptions, rules, turned off firewall, reinstalled drivers, reboots, etc etc. Haven't yet tried 'clean booting' - Will give this a try, but I am highly skeptical that it is a 3rd party process causing the problem. As far as I know (which may not be too far lol) the client has not installed anything new besides the 29/09 windows 10 update which is why I suspect that patch may be the culprit.

On Monday I'm going to try get them at least scanning over USB with the WIA driver for the time being. Hoping that I'm not the only one experiencing this and maybe the Canon / Microsoft forums will have a flood of angry users looking for answers in the next few weeks.

If anyone else has had this problem, especially since 29/09, I'd be interested to know.

Thanks again
    ============================================

uninstall all canon drivers & mf toolbox----reboot

if you have the original user software MF Toolbox /Drivers CD that came with printer ?? download using that

if not

then go to that official Canon link posted and reinstall items needed there.

MF Driver Installation Guide.pdf
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**