Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

canon IR5075 line

I have a IR 5075 with a line. This scan does not do it justice. It is as thin as a hair and is coming from the print engine of the body. I replaced the web and UFR looks fine. Did a stop copy and it IS happening coming out of the drum. I cleaned out the pre-transfer a couple of weeks ago. What makes this weard it has squiggles. Like it is a laser or something. On the left that is a zigzagunder where it has SMB server. The reast of the line look like squiggles almost like a sin wave. Lots of stuff about the lasers going bad.

Thoughts?IR5075.pdf

Re: canon IR5075 line

Clean drum unit.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: canon IR5075 line

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    I have a IR 5075 with a line. This scan does not do it justice. It is as thin as a hair and is coming from the print engine of the body. I replaced the web and UFR looks fine. Did a stop copy and it IS happening coming out of the drum. I cleaned out the pre-transfer a couple of weeks ago. What makes this weard it has squiggles. Like it is a laser or something. On the left that is a zigzagunder where it has SMB server. The reast of the line look like squiggles almost like a sin wave. Lots of stuff about the lasers going bad.

Thoughts?IR5075.pdf
    Problem solved. Got this info from another tech. Removed developer and there was a pile of toner on a mylar strip over the doctor blade of the developer. Their solution was to clean off the pile and remove the mylar strip.