Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

canon IR5075 line

I have a IR 5075 with a line. This scan does not do it justice. It is as thin as a hair and is coming from the print engine of the body. I replaced the web and UFR looks fine. Did a stop copy and it IS happening coming out of the drum. I cleaned out the pre-transfer a couple of weeks ago. What makes this weard it has squiggles. Like it is a laser or something. On the left that is a zigzagunder where it has SMB server. The reast of the line look like squiggles almost like a sin wave. Lots of stuff about the lasers going bad.

Thoughts?Attachment 34398

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: canon IR5075 line

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    I have a IR 5075 with a line. This scan does not do it justice. It is as thin as a hair and is coming from the print engine of the body. I replaced the web and UFR looks fine. Did a stop copy and it IS happening coming out of the drum. I cleaned out the pre-transfer a couple of weeks ago. What makes this weard it has squiggles. Like it is a laser or something. On the left that is a zigzagunder where it has SMB server. The reast of the line look like squiggles almost like a sin wave. Lots of stuff about the lasers going bad.

Laser or laser slit glass you can remove by charge corona. Have seen wavy lines on laser. You can probably clean the mirrors in the laser.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: canon IR5075 line

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post

Problem solved. Got this info from another tech. Removed developer and there was a pile of toner on a mylar strip over the doctor blade of the developer. Their solution was to clean off the pile and remove the mylar strip.