Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    IRAC 5035 touch panel not working

I have this issue on an irac5035, only ever seen this on the irac20xx, is this a known issue on the 5xxx like it is on the 20xx ?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: IRAC 5035 touch panel not working

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    I have this issue on an irac5035, only ever seen this on the irac20xx, is this a known issue on the 5xxx like it is on the 20xx ?
    Could be other things but I would try a control panel cpu first.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Very well known. I've changed the touch screen itself, the easiest is to order and replace all of the panel. I can't recall what screen parts I used to order, plus a bit tricky to install. We now have some older devices back that I've taken the panel from.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Control Panel CPU is the board that gets fried...

Most times I've seen this caused by the customer running "Power Over Ethernet" on their network. When you run a power signal over a Cat-5/6 cable does really strange things to iRAdvanced series machines. What we did to counteract this was to build custom Ethernet cables that only used the signal wires, and left the wires used for POE completely disconnected.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    Control Panel CPU is the board that gets fried...

Most times I've seen this caused by the customer running "Power Over Ethernet" on their network. When you run a power signal over a Cat-5/6 cable does really strange things to iRAdvanced series machines. What we did to counteract this was to build custom Ethernet cables that only used the signal wires, and left the wires used for POE completely disconnected.

Good Luck!
    How do you tel if they are running Power over Ethernet on their network? We have a IR3245 series machine that had control panel lockups. I tried everything from new control panel to hard drive and memory. We took another machine out there exact model and ran their model in shop. Never had a lock up but their loaner had them. I remember reading about techs making these cables but I wonder how you tell if they are running POE on their network. Any idea?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    How do you tel if they are running Power over Ethernet on their network? We have a IR3245 series machine that had control panel lockups. I tried everything from new control panel to hard drive and memory. We took another machine out there exact model and ran their model in shop. Never had a lock up but their loaner had them. I remember reading about techs making these cables but I wonder how you tell if they are running POE on their network. Any idea?

The easiest way to tell is just remove the network cable from the machine, and see if the control panel becomes responsive again. You MAY need to reboot the device, but once you get response from the touch panel, plug the network cable back in. Usually you'll get a lock-up within a few moments when you reconnect.

Thanks for the replies.

I attended this one today, took the panel off & reseated all the connectors, reassembled it after that it started working!

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    The easiest way to tell is just remove the network cable from the machine, and see if the control panel becomes responsive again. You MAY need to reboot the device, but once you get response from the touch panel, plug the network cable back in. Usually you'll get a lock-up within a few moments when you reconnect.
    Thanks for the reply. They turn off and on machine and it always works for a while or days. I have never seen it but my boss went out and it was locked up. I googled it and it looks like the device is not supposed to get Power if it was not supposed to. But this place is an auto auction place and maybe they have cameras around the place that may use the POE. I was wondering if a switch would isolate that problem? Not an advance machine like this post was.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

OK I want to buy one of these cables and put it into inventory. What do we look for when we suspect POE. Thin Clients? Customer type?

First thing I tried (as sugested above) was powering down the coper, unplugging the lan cable & rebooting still the touchscreen was unresponsive. I suspect the issue is with the touchpanel like all canon models!