Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon IR-7065 Won't print cyan; Yellow and Magenta is blurry

Hello,

I have an IR-7065, and since last week, at first cyan was missing from the PG-10 test, then magenta went blurry, then yellow. But black print is perfect. When I perform a PG-5 test (255 cyan) the page is white, PG-5 with magenta is full of white lines and ink cloths, as well with yellow. We changed the magenta drum recently (we had white lines on magenta), and the tech said everything was fine with other parts. Everything worked perfectly since last week, and when the problem started, we got no error message or weird noise whatsoever. What could be the problem? I don't have a service plan for this printer, I would like to know if it could be a bug in the software before calling canon. In the past, we had reccurent problems with the calibration software, as well as problems with the server.

I attached a PG-10 test print.

Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: Canon IR-7065 Won't print cyan; Yellow and Magenta is blurry

The cyan drum likely has a broken gear at the back of the unit. That causes not only the color in question to drop out, but often the colors next to it to smear like that.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KM_Copia View Post
    Hello,

I have an IR-7065, and since last week, at first cyan was missing from the PG-10 test, then magenta went blurry, then yellow. But black print is perfect. When I perform a PG-5 test (255 cyan) the page is white, PG-5 with magenta is full of white lines and ink cloths, as well with yellow. We changed the magenta drum recently (we had white lines on magenta), and the tech said everything was fine with other parts. Everything worked perfectly since last week, and when the problem started, we got no error message or weird noise whatsoever. What could be the problem? I don't have a service plan for this printer, I would like to know if it could be a bug in the software before calling canon. In the past, we had reccurent problems with the calibration software, as well as problems with the server.

I attached a PG-10 test print.

Thank you.
    Yes it is the drum. I just had one yesterday that broke the gears in the back of the drum. No way around it but to replace drum assembly for Cyan. Looked exactly like your sample.

Thank you for the quick answers!!

I removed the cyan drum and it has as you said and there was a broken gear at the back of the part. I replaced it with an old part to test, and now there is cyan toner everywhere, I think the machine just accumulated all the toner and dumpt it when I performed a test print. Is that possible?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

The other drum is likely worn down, they leave streaks and lines when the photosensitive coating wears out. As Dan said, no way around it, the drum needs to be replaced.